By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WHO WANTS DAT BETA!!!

I've got a lot of games and would love to play the beta...but explain to me how that would work.

Around the Network

Here is a guide to downloading demos/games/Warhawk beta http://www.ps3-hacks.com/forums/about958.html&p=1 These are the steps I followed, but more advanced instructions are in the above link. Set up firefox to access the store, which is very easy and outlined in instructions. Once you have that done, open this link in firefox to download Warhawk Beta (http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/UP9000/NPUA80093_00/EHv0qnj9BGMdKm5VCNGyCUPU7hMKMrKsctfEve7DWJS9o5gnxHhVVAf0OHhm2v47aFAiFsT5Y7u7PsVmTAL6FV4OhyRp4MEGyO2E1.pkg?product=0084&country=us) The instructions I posted say to set up some DNS software, but I think thats for circumventing firmware updates. To save yourself time, I suggest just using the PS3 proxy software. Run the PS3 proxy software and follow the steps to set up the PS3 to run through proxy. Select the Warhawk Beta in PS3 proxy, now go to the Playstation store and download any demo. If this works, the demo you choose should be 776mb, now just wait for the DL to finish and install. In my case, PSproxy froze up, but I then enabled background download and quite the store - then the program worked and the download proceeded. This may because I'm running vista, or the program has issues, either way this may be something you encounter and I suggest you just give it a little time. I know this is a little long, but this is what worked for me on 1.8 firmware, and my method saves you some unnecessary(?) steps. I also skipped the prefered DNS server in network settings. This may seem daunting, but its not that hard if you follow the steps and know your way around a computer. Plus, I'd say the work is worth the beta, even though its been crashing on me.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
Here is a guide to downloading demos/games/Warhawk beta http://www.ps3-hacks.com/forums/about958.html&p=1 These are the steps I followed, but more advanced instructions are in the above link. Set up firefox to access the store, which is very easy and outlined in instructions. Once you have that done, open this link in firefox to download Warhawk Beta (http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/UP9000/NPUA80093_00/EHv0qnj9BGMdKm5VCNGyCUPU7hMKMrKsctfEve7DWJS9o5gnxHhVVAf0OHhm2v47aFAiFsT5Y7u7PsVmTAL6FV4OhyRp4MEGyO2E1.pkg?product=0084&country=us) The instructions I posted say to set up some DNS software, but I think thats for circumventing firmware updates. To save yourself time, I suggest just using the PS3 proxy software. Run the PS3 proxy software and follow the steps to set up the PS3 to run through proxy. Select the Warhawk Beta in PS3 proxy, now go to the Playstation store and download any demo. If this works, the demo you choose should be 776mb, now just wait for the DL to finish and install. In my case, PSproxy froze up, but I then enabled background download and quite the store - then the program worked and the download proceeded. This may because I'm running vista, or the program has issues, either way this may be something you encounter and I suggest you just give it a little time. I know this is a little long, but this is what worked for me on 1.8 firmware, and my method saves you some unnecessary(?) steps. I also skipped the prefered DNS server in network settings. This may seem daunting, but its not that hard if you follow the steps and know your way around a computer. Plus, I'd say the work is worth the beta, even though its been crashing on me.

God Bless You, too.  That's 2 from me tonight, it's been good.  Time to get some sleep but I'm definitely trying this tomorrow.

Someone else let us know if you get it to work.

Also, how long does the beta last?  I know Halo 3's is only 3 weeks or so... 

It ends 6/26/08 Several people at the PS3 hacks forum have had success on 1.8 as well. The only people who it hasn't worked for are running older firmware, so you should be good too. Post if it works for you and we can play some beta, alright?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

windbane said:
I've got a lot of games and would love to play the beta...but explain to me how that would work.

or i could give u my my email and password and you could just download it much more easier

whats ur PSN ID? mines AssassinKiller7

Around the Network

if "dat beta" involves Halo 3 count me out..played it about 2 days ago and was about as unimpressed as i could get..after Gears of War...halo doesnt compare.

no run button? ya? lets "walk" through this "chaotic" adventure "do do do walking around and blowing shit up, oh look? chaos cometh! do do do.." HELLO DEVS???! STEP YOUR GAME UP.

graphics??? talk about just throwing a shiney coat on Halo 2 with "nicer" explosion effects.

physics???? definate "upgrade" from past halo's. when blowing ppl up, they be flying.

weezy gives it 2, "Bungie needs to take notes from Cliffy B." thumbs down

Edit: oops didnt know you were talking about wanting beta games ...heh i was just going off on a rant that was totally oblivious to this thread... my bad.  *kicks self in ass*

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I don't know what is going on but all the sudden I can't post with firefox. Anyway, I'm in the beta and hopefully will get some time to try it today. I played a little but obviously suck so far.