By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Publishers tripping over each other to grab Conduit

Desroko said:
11ht11 said:
cant wait for the conduit

lets hope they have great graphics on the game

The hell with graphics, I want great gameplay. The rest is window dressing.

Amen. And good for High Voltage. Of course, this news kind of befuddles me, since it implies either that publishers need a website to clue them into demand for certain genres on the Wii (isn't figuring that sort of thing out their only job?), or that there are some developers whose games are completely slipping under publishers' radars (again, what else is a publisher supposed to be doing?). Hopefully this won't just lead to one good game coming out for the system; it'll force a re-evaluation of the Wii market, and open the door a bit more. Sure, it's completely delusional to think that, but a man can dream, right?

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:
azrm2k said:

Well I have to agree with some of the posters, Nintendo should pick up High Voltage games and bring them in first party. High Voltage is one of the very few studios that are actually developing their own graphics engines and physics engines for the Nintendo Wii. While all of the third parties simply recycle old material. Nintendo could really use a new western studio let alone another shooting studio when it would appear theis problems at Retro. Nintendo could also then use the High Voltage engine internally and outsource it to as many new studios as possible.

This might lead to better short-term profits for Nintendo, but it'd be more in their interest if High Voltage and other third-parties succeeded without any help from them. If we get enough of those stories, developers and publishers won't keep waiting for someone to "prove" there's a market for multiple types of games on the Wii, which will lead to a lot of failures and hopefully a lot of gems.

Awesome. If they pull this off (and the Mushroom guys too), they'll have my undying* loyalty.

*Disclaimer: "Undying" means "until they start making really crappy games"

Okay, wow. They show off a nice looking engine and suddenly everyone wants Nintendo to gobble them up? That's not only unnecessary, it smells like desperation. And Nintendo isn't in a desperate situation.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

scorez

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
Okay, wow. They show off a nice looking engine and suddenly everyone wants Nintendo to gobble them up? That's not only unnecessary, it smells like desperation. And Nintendo isn't in a desperate situation.

No. Just a couple here. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

No. Just a couple here. 

The crazy ones...

They're an unproven IP without a great track record.  They may be something in the future, but right now they're just a blip on the radar screen that could be gone tomorrow just as easily as they appeared today.

ClaudeLv250 said:

I think that they're mostly hoping that Nintendo picks them up so the Quantum 3 engine gets put out in Wii dev kits. It could create a pretty huge improvement in third-party quality on the platform.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Words Of Wisdom said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

No. Just a couple here. 

The crazy ones...

They're an unproven IP without a great track record.  They may be something in the future, but right now they're just a blip on the radar screen that could be gone tomorrow just as easily as they appeared today.

Kinda reminds me of Retro.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I hope it is EA, Ubisoft, or Capcom. These three have big names and big wallets. Both are going to be needed to push this new IP/Developer into the mainstream.

It better get hyped like hell to, we need a mass FPS. Metroid Prime 3 was too Nintendo to do it and Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 was too PS2-ish.

This game is approaching 360/PS3 levels and with proven awesome controls it could be an easy 2m seller if advertised well.