By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Silent Hill 2 Remake - Reviews: 87 Metacritic / 88 Opencritic

Silent Hill 2 Remake will be released on October 8 for PS5 and PC

Metacritic

Opencritic

Some Reviews

Trailer

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Im so excited for this! For a long time this is the game I felt like I missed out on when they originally came out. Never knew the context for pyramid head or the crazy nurses. Glad its reviewing really well and will pick this up on launch, and have to wait to play refantazio.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:

Im so excited for this! For a long time this is the game I felt like I missed out on when they originally came out. Never knew the context for pyramid head or the crazy nurses. Glad its reviewing really well and will pick this up on launch, and have to wait to play refantazio.

In my case I'll wait to buy SH2 and the new Dbz Budokai on a steam sale, because I'll play refantazio as much as possible.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Shikamo said:
epicurean said:

In my case I'll wait to buy SH2 and the new Dbz Budokai on a steam sale, because I'll play refantazio as much as possible.

Im pretty excited for both. As for games with release dates, I have nothing else on my calendar, so I should have plenty of time to put time into both of them. If I buy both games at the same time, I tend to never get around to the 2nd game. Something about buying it and starting to play it right away is key to me.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:
Shikamo said:

Im pretty excited for both. As for games with release dates, I have nothing else on my calendar, so I should have plenty of time to put time into both of them. If I buy both games at the same time, I tend to never get around to the 2nd game. Something about buying it and starting to play it right away is key to me.

Right now, I'm playing Wukong, Deus Ex Mankind Divided (third time), Elden Ring, Dragons Dogma 2, Shin Megami Tensei V Vengeance, Diablo 4 and Astro Bots with my little sister... so when Refantazio launch I'll have to put all this games aside.

Around the Network

Wow I did not expect anywhere near an 87. It's not a day one for me, but I'll probably pick it up at some point.

Really surprising.

Also let it be said that early fan feedback must have helped a lot in driving the team toward a higher quality, more faithful to the original product.

Remember James's sad sad face in the first trailer? Very un-SH2-like. Now it's much better.

Glad to see it reviewing pretty well. I was expecting a much lower score. Glad to be wrong!

Hope this does well financially. I want a remake of Silent Hill 4. Would be neat if that incorporated elements from PT...