By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is Nintendo finally back to being a powerhouse?

Long ago, before i was born, Nintendo made the NES, Gameboy, SNES, etc. and they all sold insane amounts, and everyone said Nintendo was the best. The last 10 years, Playstation has come in and completely destroyed Nintendo in sales and reputation. It seemed that Nintendo would never come back, but the Wii and DS Lite came in and sold insane amounts (so far). Is Nintendo finally back from the 10 year coma?

Around the Network

Well,in the handheld market,Nintendo was never "destroyed"...in the home console arena,yes they were dethroned and now seem to have a real chance of making a big comeback.

How old are you exactly?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Well, it wasnt a comma. They did do better than Xbox WW last generation. But, yeah, they are coming back.

no they didn't. Xbox sold more hardware and software than the gamecube.

Around the Network

I think (and hope) you're right wareagle

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

In terms of sales, yes, Xbox sold more than GameCube.

In terms of profits... GameCube smashed the Xbox.

Yeah. That is what I meant.

It's a myth that Xbox did any better than GameCube (sales) as is clearly evidenced by this chart:

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=GC&reg1=All&cons2=XB&reg2=All&cons3=Wii&reg3=All

Microsoft spin will tell you that XB was a success but it didn't do any better than GC and ended up selling slightly fewer consoles.

Just goes to show that gamers will believe what they are told to.

@ SpaceJase.  It's not a myth actualy. the Xbox sold 24 Mil and the Gamecube 22. We've always known that. That chart seems to not have the Pal territories in it.  Don't be so accusatory and quick to write of other posters. It ends up making you look bad when they turn out to be right.

NintendoMar-20070.00 / 4.020.37 / 12.810.01 / 4.760.38 / 21.59
MicrosoftMar-20070.00 / 0.530.08 / 16.420.03 / 7.810.11 / 24.76

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.