By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps5 disc or P5 digital

Chrkeller said:

Games have to be installed to play, might as well go digital. I'm speculating but I don't see the ps6 supporting disks... not sure I would bother building a physical collection.

Physical used to be really important to me. But not so much. But I guess I do like the option, mostly for cheaper second hand games. But I hate the clutter :D

The games on my series x is mostly digital. 

Around the Network
Yassgragra said:
twintail said:

Likely op meant not the Pro, which was my assumption too. 

But yeah, make they do mean first gen release.

I’m getting it through my local telco and they only have the OGs. So slims not an option. :(

ok ok got it!

I honestly think you gotta decide how you're gaming. I'd go digital myself. I think it looks nicer and no clutter from physical games.

But I buy few games to begin with, and don't mind filling in the rest of my game time with stuff from PS Plus. If you really feel you're gonna get some 2nd hand games to play then you better cover yourself and get the disc version. 

But personally, I know I'm never gonna do that (last game I purchased was UC4 or around there). 

Get the digital one if you plan to go fully digital - its cheaper as well.

Only go disc one if you plan to buy physical games.

Go physical always. Keep traditional media alive for longer.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Hold on to your money and get the Switch 2. You said you had the X, so unless there is a must have exclusive on Playstation then I would hold off a little bit longer. Maybe save up a little more and go with a PC build and you still have Game Pass and will still get those Playstation games.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Update: turns out the digital was the slim version. So if I really want physical then at least I can get the add on.

I’ve placed my order and am patiently waiting for my new shiny toy!

I'd get the one that would allow me the ability to play both digital and physical games. Best of both worlds, no compromises.

Yassgragra said:

Update: turns out the digital was the slim version. So if I really want physical then at least I can get the add on.

I’ve placed my order and am patiently waiting for my new shiny toy!

Congrats and enjoy.  The ps5 has a great selection of 1st party games.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED