By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you be disappointed if "Switch 2" is revealed as Switch PRO? (Poll)

I'd be disappointed with a Switch PRO

Yes 26 52.00%

No 18 36.00%

A bit 1 2.00%

Still excited as Switch 2 5 10.00%

Total:50

Doesn't matter if it's called the Switch 2 or Switch Pro.

It's a jump in power, it will be backwards compatible... It's just a symbolic name.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

It's a jump in power, it will be backwards compatible... It's just a symbolic name.

We don't know if it'll be BC

LegitHyperbole said:

^ It's just so samey though. If the leaks on hardware are true then it is the safest gen jump in history.

How do you figure?  3x ram increase, 4x increase in memory bandwidth, modern chipset and DLSS....  it will be a huge jump.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

LegitHyperbole said:
Pemalite said:

But the chances of it not are slim to none. Nintendo handhelds are always 1 generation BC at the very least. Nintendo is not about to throw 145 million customers in the dust.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
LegitHyperbole said:

But the chances of it not are slim to none. Nintendo handhelds are always 1 generation BC at the very least. Nintendo is not about to throw 145 million customers in the dust.

Fingers crossed. 

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
LegitHyperbole said:

^ It's just so samey though. If the leaks on hardware are true then it is the safest gen jump in history.

How do you figure?  3x ram increase, 4x increase in memory bandwidth, modern chipset and DLSS....  it will be a huge jump.  

The hardware I mean. 

LegitHyperbole said:
Chrkeller said:

The hardware I mean. 

Like the visuals and layout?  It is a handheld, not sure what else Nin can do

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
LegitHyperbole said:

The hardware I mean. 

Like the visuals and layout?  It is a handheld, not sure what else Nin can do

Would have love to see better joy cons, something In the style of PS portal but detachable as one example. More shoulder buttons. A smaller form factor instead of larger, that Switch is already too large for pockets. It fails as a handheld that has reasonable possibility. 

Hopefully there will be better haptics, as someone said above HD Rumble is haptics but I'd like to see better haptics find there way to the triggers aswell. 

Pemalite said:

If we hadn't seen how the WiiU played out I would have agreed with you.  That said years after release there were still people that thought the WiiU was just an add-on for the Wii.  I think branding matters for the masses.  For geeks like us not so much.  If they want to capitalize on the success the Switch had they need to name it something entirely different or call it Switch 2. 

Call it a Pro and the more casual users will skip it.  Like it or not, Sony's consoles have better reach and their console branding is just easier to follow than Microsoft or Nintendo's. Remember more than half of humanity are morons. Keep it simple stupid.

The_Yoda said:
Pemalite said:

If we hadn't seen how the WiiU played out I would have agreed with you.  That said years after release there were still people that thought the WiiU was just an add-on for the Wii.  I think branding matters for the masses.  For geeks like us not so much.  If they want to capitalize on the success the Switch had they need to name it something entirely different or call it Switch 2. 

Call it a Pro and the more casual users will skip it.  Like it or not, Sony's consoles have better reach and their console branding is just easier to follow than Microsoft or Nintendo's. Remember more than half of humanity are morons. Keep it simple stupid.

Exactly.