By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Nintendo Switch 2 leaked factory images/specs/renders

Maybe, maybe not...others leaks have been mentioning dual screen, like DS,, though that would be really weird, and probably means 2 screen functionality. like WiiU.

I'm mostly interested to see the new Dock and if it indeed has active cooling, so that docked SW2 can hit really high wattage and CPU/GPU/MEM clocks.

Around the Network
160rmf said:

Now that I saw the images... I can conclude that is totally fake. Why people do this btw? Attention? Put pressure on Nintendo? Spare time? Guess we will never know...

You think they created a fake motherboard PCB?

If it was a fake they would have only 3d printed and shown a shell. Creating a fake motherboard PCB is far too much work and with some analysis would easily show it is fake if it's not the real deal.

The 3D models are not official but are created by someone who has access to the shell, probably the same person that took the photos.

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 19 September 2024

I'm so interested to see how this is marketed or if there is anything more going under the hood, I was sure they'd add haptics. Anyone think those new joycons are big enough to fit haptics? When is the most likely time they'll release it?

LegitHyperbole said:

I'm so interested to see how this is marketed or if there is anything more going under the hood, I was sure they'd add haptics. Anyone think those new joycons are big enough to fit haptics? When is the most likely time they'll release it?

Well we've not seen the internals of the new joycons but they already had "hd rumble" sure it's nothing like the haptic feedback in the dualsense but I'm not sure you can get the same effect in tiny joycons. Maybe it's upgraded.

I'd be shocked if it's not launching the first half of 2025. Maybe April.

LegitHyperbole said:

Switch 1 has had haptics since launch day. They called it HD Rumble. So yes. Just likely be better versions.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Leynos said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Switch 1 has had haptics since launch day. They called it HD Rumble. So yes. Just likely be better versions.

It's not really haptics though, it's just better rumble. We never got to try the ice demos and all that though, maybe it's the games not making use of it. 

LegitHyperbole said:
Leynos said:

It's not really haptics though, it's just better rumble. We never got to try the ice demos and all that though, maybe it's the games not making use of it. 

It's haptics. Using haptic motors. Old rumble in controllers used spinning weights.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joy-Con The haptics in the Joycons is the same company that makes the dual sense. Just Dualsense is newer and has a larger controller. Likely more expensive as well.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

DroidKnight said:

Something that doesn't look right is all the scratched up surfaces. Wouldn't all the plastic parts of been through painting and coating before circuit boards are installed? Maybe its just a prototype image.

Likely 3d printed/fake.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Exactly that thanks! 

I was expecting a bit more from storage, with the size of current gen games I doubt we could save more than 4 or 5 AAA games. RAM is REALLY great, Series S has 10 GB 

No idea of how strong is the SoCl though 

Keep in mind that Nintendo's OS's tend to be less efficient than Xbox's, so Nintendo may reserve more ram for smoother online systems... Which is sorely needed.

Paper specs only tell part of a story... For example the Xbox Series S does have 10GB of Ram, but not all of that is available to run Games, the OS takes 1.5GB-1.8GB of Ram for itself... Which is actually on the low amount all things considered.

The Xbox One X for example has 12GB of Ram, but only has 9GB available for games, which is partly why the Series S isn't at a massive disadvantage when compared against that console, the available Ram for gaming is less than 1GB difference.

Random_Matt said:

It is a tegra T239 if anyone wondered. Would be even more powerful if it had Apple silicon, but oh well.

Whilst the CPU is a terrible generic ARM core cluster that leaves much to be desired... (Even Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3 has it beat!) It's hard to argue with nVidia's GPU proficiency.

However... T239 has lots of cuts. I.E. No camera ISP and IO for example and very reduced 4x PCIe Gen 4 lanes, but does include some additional highlights like the File Decompression Engine which is a boon for gaming.

The GPU should beat Apple's silicon and is able to leverage DLSS which is the best in the business.

But let's not kid ourselves. It's not a high-end chip, it's a cost-optimized chip with a focus on the GPU, Nintendo should get some excellent mileage for their dollar out of it.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 19 September 2024

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

sc94597 said:

It really depends on what the process node of the chip will be. 

If it is on a 5nm node, then RTX 2050 30W level performance is doable (given that the 2050 is produced on an 8nm node.) An RTX 2050 30W is about 20% faster than a GTX 1050ti (desktop) and 15% slower than an RX 570.

That's about a quarter-tier performance difference, about half of the difference between a GTX 1650 and GTX 1650 Super.

And the Switch 2 has advantages when it comes to ray-tracing, DLSS, and memory capacity. 

True, but that would mean Nintendo went for a node that even the PS5 Pro didn't for cost reasons. According to the leaked PCB the die size is around 200 mm², which seems too large for N5/N4 (but also a bit on the too-small side for 8N).

Also, keep in mind that ray-tracing is very CPU and bandwidth-heavy. The advantage will be large for the Series S here, even vs. docked + the best possible clocks for the Switch 2 (not my conclusion, that's from Digital Foundry). The increased memory capacity doesn't mean much if all of it is less than half as fast.