By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Nintendo Switch 2 leaked factory images/specs/renders

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/1fjp352/photos_of_switch_2_factory_prototypes_have_leaked/?share_id=crRUWVQR6VaXSqSyU1HnA&utm_content=2&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_source=share&utm_term=1

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Was just about to post this thread, will put it here lol:

Photos of Switch 2 factory prototypes have leaked on a Chinese website

This is not official so not 100% confirmed but it looks legitimate to me. The actual image of the circuit board compared to the 3d renders posted lines up perfectly. You can see the additional USB-C port next to the audio jack and the cartridge slot so the 3d renders and the circuit board photo are for the same product. Of course it could be faked but I'd put money on this being a legitimate leak. Pictures below.

Specs

SoC: GMLX30-R-A1
Ram: 12gb LPDDR5X 7500MT/s  (MT62F768M64D4EK-026 (6GX2 dual channel, LPDDR5X, 7500 MT/s))
Storage: 256gb UFS 3.1, 2100MB/s  (THGJFGT1E45BAILHW0 manufactured by Kaixia)

Basically just product codes below, will be cooled by a dual fan setup though.

Audio chip model: Ruiwu ALC5658-CG.
NFC reader model: NXP IPN7160B1HN
Built-in microphone model: CMB-MIC-X7.
Dual cooling fans, model BSM0405HPJH9 and BSM0505HPJQC (copper gaming heat sink).
Video signal conversion (DisplayPort to HDMI) must be chip model; Ruixian RTD2175N must be chip (support HDMI 2.1).
Network chip model: Ruiming RTL8153B-VB-CG and Gigabit Ethernet chip (the base has a network cable interface).
Microcontroller chip model: STMicroelectronics JSTM32G0OB0OCET6.
Video game console protective case model: HGU1100 (size: 206 x 115 x 14mm, made of plastic).
Speakers: MUSE BOX-L and MUSE BOX-R (two-channel stereo).

Console

Joycons 2.0

Tablet Size Comparison (Switch 2 vs Switch)

Circuit Board & Render Comparison

That's a Switch PRO.

[deleted b/c I was caught in the hype wave this morning lol.]

Last edited by firebush03 - on 18 September 2024

If true I suppose those are the buttons to detach the joycons. I wonder how many people will press them by mistake as ZL or ZR.

Around the Network

I'm guessing these spots are where the magnets are housed?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

If true, Nintendo REALLY didn’t want another Wii U situation. The size comparisons with the current Switch and leaked specs just screams “bigger and better”

Did somebody took a print? The page and the images aren't working 

We reap what we sow

Something that doesn't look right is all the scratched up surfaces. Wouldn't all the plastic parts of been through painting and coating before circuit boards are installed? Maybe its just a prototype image.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

Something that doesn't look right is all the scratched up surfaces. Wouldn't all the plastic parts of been through painting and coating before circuit boards are installed? Maybe its just a prototype image.

Yeah, prototype for molds maybe. That's kind of common in the industry.