Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft: Tencent, Guillemot Family Weighing Buyout

Assassin Creed Shadows will...

Succeed 16 29.63%

Fail 19 35.19%

Sell well but fail to meet expectations 16 29.63%

Other.. 3 5.56%

Total:54

Around the Network

That does not look good, I don't really know what I'm looking at but I get the strong sense that that's a level of disaster that is going to be right hard to get out of and I can't see anything in the near future that'll bump that stock. Assassins Creed could very likely fail and make this worse. 19,000 people are employed by Ubisoft...

Ubisoft made as much profit last year as Square Enix---some USD 400 million, with yearly revenue more than 30% up.

So no.

Financially? No.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

haxxiy said:

Ubisoft made as much profit last year as Square Enix---some USD 400 million, with yearly revenue more than 30% up.

So no.

Last year is last year but it fluctuates wildly. Up 30% means nothing. When they make 500 million one year then 800 million another then 600 million. It just means they had a better year. Currently at 330 million for 2024 so unless Ass Creed sells, it's gonna be one hell of a contracted year. 

https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/despite-high-hopes-for-star-wars-outlaws-and-xdefiant-ubisofts-share-price-is-now-sitting-at-a-10-year-low/

If Ass Creed Shadow does not sell...

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Financially? No.

Lay offs?

TTheyre scared. 

Ubisoft has some great IPs that are performing and can rake in enough money. It has a lot of studios and can afford to layoff some workers if they are not performing. By this, Ubi is not in danger.

Check this Game  Flip Runner

I think the only Ubisoft games I've purchased in the last decade are South Park the Fractured but whole, and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

Very informative.