By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Astrobot receives "universal acclaim" on Metacritic, 94

Tagged games:

method114 said:
pikashoe said:

It takes two says hello

I think he means for this year.

"Its going to be a trip to see Astro Bot being the first platformer to win Game of the Year" 

Pretty sure he meant in general lol.

Around the Network

Only sales will convince Sony to invest more in smaller titles. If this does well, then it is a possibility.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

This is what i like to see. Great developers making fun titles getting the recognition they deserve. Good Job Team Asobi.

Hopefully this encourges Sony to diversify their gaming lineup a bit.

method114 said:
pikashoe said:

It takes two says hello

I think he means for this year.

That would make no sense. 

There's been some discussion elsewhere about how Super Mario has gotten few GOTY's, it tends to get passed over, even when it scores as good/better. 

I think It Takes Two has gotten a bit ignored.  

Could be the most awarded 3D platformer though. Fortunate to come out in a year where the competition is a bit less than others. 

pikashoe said:

It takes two says hello

Ah, this actually slipped my mind lol. 

Around the Network

A nice mouthwasher for the hard pill to swallow from how the week began !

Now, PS players, put your money where it's actually due

Last edited by Mar1217 - on 05 September 2024

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Happy to see this as a fan of 3d platformers.

I think these are the games the industry needs now. These huge, billion-dollar AAA things can still happen, but the majority should be games like Astrobot. Scale it back, get a smaller team of closely-knit people working together so the games become more of a passion-project (thus improving their quality), and ship them out at a fraction of the cost. The games will become more innovative, the costs will come back down, and we will all get great new things to play again on a regular basis. Win win.

Chrkeller said:

Damn. Any chance for a PC release? Damn good scores. Seems like a must play.

I'm all for Sony's push to PC, but I feel like Astro Bot should be an exception and remain console exclusive. The entire point of the game is a celebration of PlayStation's 30-year history. Everything about the game is nostalgia driven. To release it on a platform that until recent times had nothing to do with the PlayStation ecosystem just feels wrong lol. 

Is there any point of a PC release? Unless Sony creates drivers or whatnot for the dualsense, then you will be playing without the haptics.