By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Astrobot receives "universal acclaim" on Metacritic, 94

Tagged games:

Team Asobi cooked, as the kids are saying these days.

Around the Network

Up to 95 on OC.

OC has far fewer reviews though.  

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 05 September 2024

Front runner for Game of the Year!

What insane reviews.

PotentHerbs said:

Front runner for Game of the Year!

What insane reviews.

Yep, right now it's the highest rated game of the year on Metacritic. Just behind the Elden Ring DLC.

Vodacixi said:

This is no joke the only game that would make me uncover my PS5 (it has been covered with a towel for over 8 months now).

I hope it gets a PC release eventually. Would play it on the Deck.

Buy it then or sell the PS5, simples.

I hope all PS5 owners buy this or Sony will never greenlight these smaller games. The COO or whoever, was complaining of not having enough IP.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:

Yep, right now it's the highest rated game of the year on Metacritic. Just behind the Elden Ring DLC.

Its going to be a trip to see Astro Bot being the first platformer to win Game of the Year lol! 

Here I was thinking what to buy this month....Space Marine 2, BO6 pre-order, Black Myth Wukong....

There never was any competition, Astro Bot it is! So happy for the team and finally a true PS5 exclusive!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Wow!
Only took 65 developers. 3 years.
Don't need 8 years to make a good game.

I've seen a lot of 3rd party characters show up in astro Bot.
Looks very promising.

Great to see a 3D platformer that isn't Mario get such a positive reception. It obviously won't sell as well as Mario but hopefully this does well enough to encourage not only a sequel but other 3D platformers with a notable budget since this genre shouldn't be mostly contained to the indie space.

Chrkeller said:

Damn. Any chance for a PC release? Damn good scores. Seems like a must play.

Based on the trend this should come to PC a couple years later so in the 2nd half of 2026. This will be one of the hardest ones to wait for that's for sure.

Higher than I expected, congrats from a Nintendo fanboy.