By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 30, 2024 (Jul 22 - Jul 28)

Pinkie_pie said:
Renamed said:

Did you just pull a globally in Japan type post?

If it's doing much better than xbox one in Japan without any reason then its surely not doing much worse than Xbox one anywhere else. Xbox one sold 60m worldwide and people questioned if xbox series could even sell 40m? 

There are reasons specific of Japan market that don't apply elsewhere 

1) PS5 high price in Japan js making Japanese people who wants to play western third part gor for Xbox Series S

2) Exchange rates, things are less expensive in Japan which drives exports. Buying from Japan is often less expensive than buying on their own countries 

Around the Network
I-mar said:

It is dead in Japan. The  PS5 digital has out sold both XSX ans combined.🤦

It's selling fine in Japan, it's a Xbox. It's never going to outsell any PS or Nintendo console

I-mar said:

It is dead in Japan. The  PS5 digital has out sold both XSX ans combined.🤦

It is doing much better than xbox one in Japan.  At this rate there's a chance it could be the best selling xbox in Japan even though it's the most expensive xbox

looks like we got another @/ZeldaRing Famitsu thread in the making lol…but now with Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie_pie said:
Renamed said:

Please read the highlighted portion of Bofferbrauer2's post.

What was wii u level? And I already told you and him why it's not gonna stay this way. GTA6 easily this generation most anticipated game. GTA6 gonna sell at least 10 million on xbox more than any wii u game

And that's possible but we are talking in a Japan centric thread.  Further, 10 million software units doesn't translate into 10 million hardware units.  Do you buy a new Xbox console each time a new game for it comes out?

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

Around the Network
Renamed said:
Pinkie_pie said:

What was wii u level? And I already told you and him why it's not gonna stay this way. GTA6 easily this generation most anticipated game. GTA6 gonna sell at least 10 million on xbox more than any wii u game

And that's possible but we are talking in a Japan centric thread.  Further, 10 million software units doesn't translate into 10 million hardware units.  Do you buy a new Xbox console each time a new game for it comes out?

I didn't say that 10m software translate to 10m hardware. GTA 6 should give xbox a huge boost at least 5m people are gonna buy xbox series after GTA 6 releases. And another 5m to the 30-35m people who already own xbox . That's how I come up with that number, at least 10m 

Pinkie_pie said:
Renamed said:

I didn't say that 10m software translate to 10m hardware. GTA 6 should give xbox a huge boost at least 5m people are gonna buy xbox series after GTA 6 releases. And another 5m to the 30-35m people who already own xbox . That's how I come up with that number, at least 10m 

"GTA6 gonna sell at least 10 million on xbox more than any wii u game"

That would suggest a minimum of 18 million units sold. 5 million hardware units out of 18 million software is insane.  A push rate of 28%?  You fully expect more than 1 out of out every 4 GTA 6 buyers to buy the console with it?  You get that kind of push rate a the launch of a console, not the end of a console.

Can we take this discussion here?

Last edited by Renamed - on 01 August 2024

Sorry but I don't exactly know what you mean with the 18m units sold. My last post here regarding xbox . I think and its highly likely xbox will sell at least 35m before GTA 6 releases end of 2025. Will sell at least another 5m in 2026 because of GTA 6 so that's how I think it should easily sell more than 40m lifetime. I'm thinking around 45m if next xbox come out in 2027 but yeah there's just no way it could sell less than 40m. 10m GTA 6 out of 40m xbox series that's 25% attach rate which is similar to GTA 5 on 360

Pinkie_pie said:

Sorry but I don't exactly know what you mean with the 18m units sold. My last post here regarding xbox . I think and its highly likely xbox will sell at least 35m before GTA 6 releases end of 2025. Will sell at least another 5m in 2026 because of GTA 6 so that's how I think it should easily sell more than 40m lifetime. I'm thinking around 45m if next xbox come out in 2027 but yeah there's just no way it could sell less than 40m. 10m GTA 6 out of 40m xbox series that's 25% attach rate which is similar to GTA 5 on 360

Can we leave Japan and take the discussion here?

XBox had a great week. Meanwhile Switch continues to have great sales in spite of 7+ years of people declaring its sales are about to fall off a cliff. Sometime in the future, Switch will have at least 2 bad sales weeks in a row. Talk will return of Switch sales falling off a cliff, and then these people will be proven wrong again.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 01 August 2024