By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Attempted assassination on Trump

the-pi-guy said:

No he does listen to them.

It's just when Trump says to hit someone in the face he's just being metaphorical.

Or when he suggests that there will be no violence when he wins.

Or when he suggests that 2nd amendment people might fix a problem.

The real violence is when he gets called out for saying all these weird things.  

It's funny. You post evidence of what Trump has said and done... And Trump supporters will generally ignore it anyway.
It's like they don't care.

But post something even "slightly" controversial from Democrats and the USA is doomed.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
badskywalker said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

They encourage more of that behavior every day trying to paint their enemies the way they do.  It's an escalation that's unprecedented and now they select Walz who seemed to love burning of Minneapolis.  Condemn his response to the riots or you lose all credibility.

You're absolutely right that only a deplorable, creditless person would deem his response enough.

https://apnews.com/article/tim-walz-trump-audio-riots-george-floyd-3b349ec2a8611f242333b76512a82d4f

Damn he stooped to their level.  Walz really should have gotten that under control

I am Iron Man

Renamed said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

They encourage more of that behavior every day trying to paint their enemies the way they do.  It's an escalation that's unprecedented and now they select Walz who seemed to love burning of Minneapolis.  Condemn his response to the riots or you lose all credibility.

You don't listen to Trump, Vance or any other R leader, do you?  You just described them.

And Trump loved the way Walz handled Minneapolis.  So was Trump wrong?  

Yep he was then.  What a disastrous handling though I respect Trump trying to reach across the aisle to the guy who lied about being in a warzone repeatedly

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Renamed said:

You don't listen to Trump, Vance or any other R leader, do you?  You just described them.

Yep he was then.  What a disastrous handling though I respect Trump trying to reach across the aisle to the guy who lied about being in a warzone repeatedly

First off when it comes to anyone who has served our country, the only thing you can say is Thank you for your service.  This swiftboating nonsense isn't going to work in this election.  Everyone knows Trump lied saying he had bone spurs so he could avoid serving his country in Vietnam.   As someone that has spoken to Walz multiple times when we lobbied our House members for the trucking association, Walz is about as nice a person as you will find.  While many democrat reps wouldn't even fake interest when it came to talking trucking regulations and needs Walz listened intently and made you feel heard.  I also talked to him at the state fair when he visited, and he is just a joy of a person and very kind to everyone.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
badskywalker said:

You're absolutely right that only a deplorable, creditless person would deem his response enough.

https://apnews.com/article/tim-walz-trump-audio-riots-george-floyd-3b349ec2a8611f242333b76512a82d4f

Damn he stooped to their level.  Walz really should have gotten that under control

Gotten it under control?  You mean like this?

Ryuu96 said:
Spoiler!

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Renamed said:

So you respect Trump for being wrong and not admitting it?  But you don't respect Walz for 24 years of service, reaching the highest level of civil National Guard rank ever?  never mind the face the NG was never meant to be deployed overseas to begin with Bush/Chaney needed more bodies than the standard service had available, and since a draft would been political suicide so they changed the rules and sent the NG to Iraq.

And since the right loves saying we take Trump out of context all the time, then you can appreciate when it happens the other way too.  Here is the quote that the right is all up in arms, pun intended, about.

“We can make sure those weapons of war, that I carried in war, are only carried in war,” 

'That I carried in war'.  Poor choice of wording which should have said 'wartime'.  He carried the weapons in question.  They all did.  My wife did (an E-6 in the USAF, my brother still does (a WO1 in the USNG), his wife (an E-7 in the Army), etc..  Pretty much every soldier, especially the NG, carries these weapons. His point wasn't that he was on the front lines but they are weapons intended for war, not civilian or hunting use.

And don't start with Vance being in Iraq.  Vance was there the same way Tom Cruise's character from Edge of Tomorrow was in war...he was in the Public Affairs department.  He never touched war.  So sail that stolen valor BS up the same De Nang river as the Swiftboat lies from 2004.

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

Around the Network
rapsuperstar31 said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

First off when it comes to anyone who has served our country, the only thing you can say is Thank you for your service.  This swiftboating nonsense isn't going to work in this election.  Everyone knows Trump lied saying he had bone spurs so he could avoid serving his country in Vietnam.   As someone that has spoken to Walz multiple times when we lobbied our House members for the trucking association, Walz is about as nice a person as you will find.  While many democrat reps wouldn't even fake interest when it came to talking trucking regulations and needs Walz listened intently and made you feel heard.  I also talked to him at the state fair when he visited, and he is just a joy of a person and very kind to everyone.

Wrong. Don't lie about going to war.  That's even worse to do if you're a veteran.  Disgusting stuff.  Imagine if Trump had lied about that

I am Iron Man

Walz said he carried weapons in war. Is this not objectively true?

It seems the issue people have is his characterization of being "in war", but I don't understand that complaint. He was deployed to Europe to serve as support personnel. War reaches beyond the front lines. Generals typically don't fight on the battlefields, but I don't think most would argue that they aren't in the war. The same holds true of support personnel. I find no lie in the statement that Walz was in war.

Could you consider such a statement misleading or poorly worded? Sure, but a lie? I can't agree with that. 

And personally, I feel that someone who served for 24 years knows a hell of a lot more about service than a draft dodger.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

Wrong. Don't lie about going to war.  That's even worse to do if you're a veteran.  Disgusting stuff.  Imagine if Trump had lied about that

Disgusting indeed, if he said he was on the front lines.  Almost as disgusting as saying, "You know, if you're young, and in this era, and if you have any guilt about not having gone to Vietnam, we have our own Vietnam — it's called the dating game. Dating is like being in Vietnam. You're the equivalent of a soldier going over to Vietnam."

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

Renamed said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Disgusting indeed, if he said he was on the front lines.  Almost as disgusting as saying, "You know, if you're young, and in this era, and if you have any guilt about not having gone to Vietnam, we have our own Vietnam — it's called the dating game. Dating is like being in Vietnam. You're the equivalent of a soldier going over to Vietnam."

When Walz lied about being in war, which he did btw "weapons of war inTO war" it was far worse than your quote.  Not almost.  100x worse

I am Iron Man

sundin13 said:

Walz said he carried weapons in war. Is this not objectively true?

It seems the issue people have is his characterization of being "in war", but I don't understand that complaint. He was deployed to Europe to serve as support personnel. War reaches beyond the front lines. Generals typically don't fight on the battlefields, but I don't think most would argue that they aren't in the war. The same holds true of support personnel. I find no lie in the statement that Walz was in war.

Could you consider such a statement misleading or poorly worded? Sure, but a lie? I can't agree with that. 

And personally, I feel that someone who served for 24 years knows a hell of a lot more about service than a draft dodger.

Walz acted like and said that he was in a warzone when he wasn't.  A disgusting lie worse than any trump has ever said.  The only thing I could even think of that's worse would be lying about having cancer like Boogie did or something. Hell trump Trump faced fire in July and actually showed bravery in the face of it rather than lying about being in it. It's the worst thing I've heard a VP or president say if they get elected.  An insult to vets everywhere and even ignoring that lie the dude in his unit that hates Walz and said he knew about their deployment before running is even MORE incriminating of his character.

I am Iron Man