By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gluttons For Punishment

Chrkeller said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Oh for sure, I've not yet beat it but still have it installed and try every now and then. You can get really lucky or end up going ten runs without anything decent for a build at all, I feel there is too much boons in the game for it's own good. Why continue a run you know is going weakly, might aswell suicide. 

Odd combinations of boons can be shockingly amazing.  I like the variation.

I have finally beaten Hades with all 6 weapons.  Such a great game.  I think the fists are the best.  

The best I got yet was triple shot homing on the bow with athenias dash, literally nothing could touch me cause I could stand well back and I still failed the third boss which I'm told is apparently easy but I simply can't beat the two of them no matter how luckily prepared I get. 

Around the Network

Found a game that is truly the Dark souls of Dark souls games. Nioh 2. I know why I quit this game when it released now. Holy hell is it difficult, just progressing through a level is 10x harder than the original Nioh and tougher than any souls game, even souls 2. I've read many times that nioh 2 is the easier game but I don't see it. So, I'm in for some punishment with this one if I can progress at all, the first three bosses have given me souls end game boss worth of trouble and by the time you make it to a new area you're under leveled even if you do all the content on the previous map. I remember being 10 levels short of the recommended in the third area and I just gave up rather than farming levels. Idk what they were thinking with this cause the difficulty funnels you into tanky slow builds cause you need the armour to survive but then you can't deal with the fast enemy attacks which are lightning speed so this time I'm just gonna go full on glass cannon with a switchblade and rely on magic buffs to get me through. It's fucking me so hard though, even before the boss of a level I've raked up a dozen or more deaths. I'm gonna try anyway and see if the fun factor can outweigh the frustration.

My hardest gaming moment? Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble has some pretty sadistic levels in World 10 (if you’re looking to get all three checkmarks). Beyond that, I don’t play for torture.