By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Games Showcase 2024 + CoD Black Ops Direct thread (live now)

Rate the Xbox showcase + Black Ops direct?

10 12 27.27%

9 19 43.18%

8 8 18.18%

7 2 4.55%

6 3 6.82%

5 0 0%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:44
shikamaru317 said:

I'm not sure I like this purposefully low FPS look on South of Midnight. I know they are targeting the fans of low framerate animation created by Spider-Verse and Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, but I just don't think it works for a game, gamers are too conditioned to like anything lower than 30 fps animations. 

The 10fps cartoon cgi parts looked rough, ingame, it was low too... but there the harsh cuts from cgi -> ingame transitions was the worst part.... and the gameplay seemed like unless you knew you had to do x,y,z at certain spots, it wouldn't go well (ei. that person playing it, made it look "good", while most people wont get a experiance like that).

Another thing that surprised me is how many black female leads have been shown so far.... what like 5? or so....  More than White males.
Like its obvious theres something wrong here, thats due to DEI people.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
shikamaru317 said:

I'm not sure I like this purposefully low FPS look on South of Midnight. I know they are targeting the fans of low framerate animation created by Spider-Verse and Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, but I just don't think it works for a game, gamers are too conditioned to like anything lower than 30 fps animations. 

The 10fps cartoon cgi parts looked rough, ingame, it was low too... but there the harsh cuts from cgi -> ingame transitions was the worst part.... and the gameplay seemed like unless you knew you had to do x,y,z at certain spots, it wouldn't go well (ei. that person playing it, made it look "good", while most people wont get a experiance like that).

Another thing that surprised me is how many black female leads have been shown so far.... what like 5? or so....  More than White males.

Yes this was weird and esp. the cutscenes. Maybe it was just an issue with the footage they’re provided. Don’t know

I had 4 total lock-ups on the youtube stream and now 2 lock-ups on Twitch. Guess I'll try facebook or something.

Indiana Jones looks so goooodd!

JRPGfan said:
shikamaru317 said:

7.8/10 Too many black girls.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
shikamaru317 said:

Nothing wrong with more diversity.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Great show so far. Lacking in release dates though. Still no indy date is disappointing.

OH THIS SHIT IS MY KIND OF GAME MECHA BREAK! LET ME PLAY!

Please show Everwild.

Where is Gears 6?

edit nvm

Last edited by Leynos - on 09 June 2024