By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who do you believe is the most over rated developer?

for me it would be nintendo.
i owned the n64 and the gc. i bought the gc ony for Zelda , but also bought ssbm , MP and sm sunhsine.
MP as someone posted before is an fps wihout everything that makes an fps cool and fun.
Zelda OoT is still one of my favorite games but after WW and TP i was hugely dissapointed. All similar storylines with slightly better graphics + a new gimmick.
Ocarina -> Masks -> Wind waker -> Wolf.
ssbm and ssbb are both as fun as the n64 one but basicly the same game.
mario kart ? i dont have anything to say about this game other than i think its utterly stupid.

for me nintendo has gotten worse with every generation and with the succes of the Wii i dont see them making classics again as in the snes/n64 days.

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:

@Griffin: No friend code? I am surprised. No really I am.

WTF is a friend code?

Griffin said:
Gnizmo said:

WTF is a friend code?

hahahahaa

i think you need to get banned for something like this

this rivals leo j's lie 

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

staying on bethesda, fallout 1 and 2 may be 2 of the most humorous games i have played. somehow i dont see bethesda retaining that essence, but ill be ecstatic if they prove me wrong.
also i agree that the dissolution of black isle is one of the tragedies of modern gaming.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Griffin said:
Gnizmo said:

WTF is a friend code?

*Passes out*

Around the Network

I came to this thread ready to say "Rockstar" and expected that I'd be flamed for it. I'm amazed how many people have already said "Rockstar". :)

EA games, they do make some decent games (Battlefield series, FIFA etc), but most of their games just suck ass, like Crysis... i was hanging for that for years, as soon as i heard EA published it, i knew it was going to be shit.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

TheRealMafoo said:
SpookyXJ said:
TheRealMafoo said:
The question you asked is who "is" the more over-rated, not who "was", but if I could go back, I would have to say Origin.

They made a few good games, but they made a lot of crap too.

Ahh you blaspheme. I never met a wing comander game I didnt like. Some of the ultima stuff was good too. That accounts for the majority of their titles. The good outweight the bad IMO. Times of Lore was Kinda sucky though.  You really cant blame them for anything post EA. (I'm looking at you Privateer 2)  

I was an X-Wing fan, so I hated Wing Commander. I could never tell where I was relative to everyone else, I had to rely on the radar. I did like Privateer.

Ultima was great because of the game concept, not the developers. Every one of them were "ok" graphics, yet required super high end PCs, and Ultima IX was just broken. It was so bad, it ended the development house.

I loved both spent a lot of time with the xwing and tie fighter games but prefered the wing commander series.  You know thats a dev thats really slowed down on the quality games. They've done star wars to death. I do have high hopes for fracture though. I really miss their adventure games.

Avalach21 said:
Griffin said:
Gnizmo said:

WTF is a friend code?

hahahahaa

i think you need to get banned for something like this

this rivals leo j's lie

I have already provided proof that i own the game, but thanks for telling me what a friend code was...

@ Mummelmann )

FarCry2 isn't developed by Crytek .. they dont own that IP anymore, but sold it to Ubisoft (I think Ubisoft Montreal are doing FC2)