By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree. 94 OC/95 MC. Is it too hard? Poll.

Is the DLC too difficult...

Yes 5 20.83%

No 8 33.33%

A bit but manageable 8 33.33%

No opinion 3 12.50%

Total:24

Having fun with the DLC, although there is stuttering and fps drops to as low as 40. Hopefully a patch comes soon to fix it

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

DLC should not win GOTY imo. Witcher 3 blood and wine won best RPG in 2016 so shadow of the erdtree might get nominated for best RPG

It's basically a standalone expansion in the vien of Infomous Girst light or Uncharted Lost legacy. It should be allowed for nomination imo. 

I think those were sold as stand alone games? Shadow is not

zeldaring said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Not really feel any input delay but sure I've not tried it on PS5 so I guess I wouldn't feel it but as long as it's not frame pacing like in Sekiro I don't care much, doesn'teffect me unless it stutters plus my TV has some wicked cool Ai smoothing thing for gaming. 30fps feels like 60. No, it's the amount enemies attack, Like there's one dude early on the duel weilds in a tight area and spams this insane combo in a tight space and all you can do is dodge and iframe through the attacks. If he clips you there's fuck all you can do to get away from him and he has such reach that dodge rolling away isn't an option, you have to dodge in and make sure you're dodging through the attacks. It feels a bit too much, like a mini boss around every corner in Darksouls 2. 

Not sure but having played sikero at  60fps it made it much easier. I player elden ps4 pro version on ps5 where it was locked 60fps. I hear this dlc tank sto 40fps on ps5 often.

Ouch but feels smooth to me on PRO, I guess my TV's Ai makes it feel better than it is. I had serious trouble with Sekiro dipping, got me killed loads of times but I'm not feeling it with shadow of the Erdtree at all nor with ER base game. 

LegitHyperbole said:

It's basically a standalone expansion in the vien of Infomous Girst light or Uncharted Lost legacy. It should be allowed for nomination imo. 

It's not a standalone expansion though. Those games didn't require the game they were attached to.

Shadow of the Erdtree requires the base game, and requires that you've played through a fair chunk of it. 

Great so far. Going in at level 239 with my mimic and still having trouble. lol

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
Farsala said:

Not gonna lie. Very easy so far for me. I am not very far though. Considered using the gold summon for the first main boss I faced, but decided against it. Beat it quickly with my rune arc build.

What Level are you and how many scadutree fragments did ya scrap together for the first dungeon/boss. I got 3, I don't feel underpowered nor does anything feel overpowered but more so that everything has so many different attack patterns without interruption, feels like all that can be done is doge roll, roll, roll and roll again trying not to get clipped while taking the odd shot myself. Too early to say but feels like cheap ass Darksouls 2. I hope I'm wrong and I can get into some combat flow.  

150, I got a bunch of those scadutree fragments, but I haven't used them. I know the mob you talking about, usually I can dodge him at the right time, but sometimes he doesn't stop lol. I guess he gives you the choice of estus or get a hit in, you definitely usually want to get a hit in and prepare your next dodge.

Level 187 about to jump in. I'm so pumped for this!

Farsala said:
LegitHyperbole said:

What Level are you and how many scadutree fragments did ya scrap together for the first dungeon/boss. I got 3, I don't feel underpowered nor does anything feel overpowered but more so that everything has so many different attack patterns without interruption, feels like all that can be done is doge roll, roll, roll and roll again trying not to get clipped while taking the odd shot myself. Too early to say but feels like cheap ass Darksouls 2. I hope I'm wrong and I can get into some combat flow.  

150, I got a bunch of those scadutree fragments, but I haven't used them. I know the mob you talking about, usually I can dodge him at the right time, but sometimes he doesn't stop lol. I guess he gives you the choice of estus or get a hit in, you definitely usually want to get a hit in and prepare your next dodge.

Dont you just use the fragments to power up your character permanentely(at least for the DLC)?

This is giving me serious Darksouls 2 vibes, feels like they put a souls game inside Elden Ring but was it the wrong souls game, I'm starting to question.

LegitHyperbole said:

To access Shadow of the Erdtree's new region, you will need access to Mohgwyn Dynasty Mausoleum in Mohgwyn Palace. Level 100 - 150 is recommended. 

Needing to defeat Mohgwyn is a bit of a surprising requierment for a game where bosses generally don't block progression.
Some of them do, but right at the start of the game is an interesting choice.

I don't mind personally. Although I don't remember if I beat Mohgwyn?
Checking my Trophy list, I can see that I did not beat him.