By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May Circana (NPD) 2024 Thread + Predictions

Gotta say that I am a bit excited for US & Americas data.

Especially, because 2024 seems to be the first tough year for everyone. Manufacturers, publishers, studios.

It's just pretty interesting to witness how hardware and software data will develop throughout 2024.

Before the next milestone events such as a possible PS5 Pro, GTA6 and Switch 2 will steer things up again in 2025.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:

When was the sale for the PS5? Was it late May into June or just June?

IF the former than:
PS5 - 350k
SW - 175k
XSX - 100K

I was gonna give Xbox a sub 100k but I feel like there was a sale then too so I might have it too high.

PS5 was discounted by $50 from May 29 to June 12. May Circana (NPD) tracking period is May 5 to June 1, so 4 days of the sale. While June is June 2 to July 6.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
CosmicSex said:

When was the sale for the PS5? Was it late May into June or just June?

IF the former than:
PS5 - 350k
SW - 175k
XSX - 100K

I was gonna give Xbox a sub 100k but I feel like there was a sale then too so I might have it too high.

PS5 was discounted by $50 from May 29 to June 12. May Circana (NPD) tracking period is May 5 to June 1, so 4 days of the sale. While June is June 2 to July 6.

Thanks for the clarification.  Yes I feel like this should be enough to mitigate any major losses on the PS5 front.  Hardware rev as a total is doomed because there is no way to make up for Switch sales. 

I am looking forward to seeing these numbers come out with a lot of anticipation.

BiON!@ 

I completely missed this. May Circana (NPD) has been delayed all the way to July 8. This does mean you all have another week and a couple of days to get your predictions in.

Last edited by trunkswd - on 28 June 2024

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Thanks for the update @trunkswd!

This is unfortunate. I've been anticipating them for today quite heavily, haha.

Well, there you go, July 8th now.

Luckily, all subsequent data after May's data is at least announced to be published always a few days earlier than the previous dates.

At least until September. This is great.

Panicradio said:

Thanks for the update @trunkswd!

This is unfortunate. I've been anticipating them for today quite heavily, haha.

Well, there you go, July 8th now.

Luckily, all subsequent data after May's data is at least announced to be published always a few days earlier than the previous dates.

At least until September. This is great.

I got up a little early to work on the Americas estimates today, but it is what it is. Hopefully Circana (NPD) doesn't get delayed again in the future. I'm guessing if it wasn't for the holiday next week in the US that May's report would have been out next week rather than on July 8th.

Last edited by trunkswd - on 28 June 2024

I had no idea either Trunks.
Guess it'll be a while longer before we get those numbers then.

JRPGfan said:

I had no idea either Trunks.
Guess it'll be a while longer before we get those numbers then.

Yeah it will be another week and a half before it finally comes out. I hope it is never delayed this much again.

@trunkswd!

Yes, I agree. Hope so, too.

But if every other subsequent data will be released as announced, and with the May data now being officially delayed, everything will get a little bit closer/tighter to eachother for the second half of the year (yes, half-time already again, can't believe it). Starting with the June data.

And I must admit I am really looking forward to the new data Piscitella said they've been working on.

Because: more data is beautiful!

Last edited by Panicradio - on 30 June 2024