By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

zorg1000 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

How about uniting around being American, alive and well and there's no civil war. The fact that you lot can come back from the brink. Why does everything have to be a confrontational absolute with you lot. Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

What does that even mean? How do people unite over those things?

How does a trans person who is being denied gender affirming care unite with the people passing anti-trans legislation across the country?

How does a woman who’s forced to carry the child of their rapist or suffering from an ectopic pregnancy unite with the people who support strict abortion bans?

How do people who care about the environment and take climate change seriously unite with the people that want to roll back environmental regulations and repeal clean energy investments?

How does a parent who lost their child in a school shooting unite with the people who refuse to pass gun safety legislation?

How does someone who immigrated from another country unite with the people who treat them like they don’t belong and label them as “rapists, thieves & drug traffickers”?

How does a black person unite with the people who refuse to acknowledge that they are disproportionately targeted by the police?

How does a person who only has access to healthcare due to the Affordable Care Act unite with the people who tried and still want to repeal it?

How do people who had loved ones die from Covid unite with the people who didn’t take the pandemic seriously?

I could go on.

The reason there is no unity is because in our two-party system, one of the parties wants to protect the rights of everybody (unity) and the other only wants to protect the rights of the people they see as worthy (division).

Does Biden's party want to protect everybody? Are things like affirmative action interested in protecting everyone?

I'm reminded of Biden administration's relief program not too long ago...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/06/10/usda-minority-farmers-injunction/

"A federal judge in Texas has blocked an Agriculture Department disaster relief program from giving preferences to minority and female farmers, siding with a group of plaintiffs who allege that the program illegally discriminates against White male farmers."

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
zorg1000 said:

Unite Americans around what exactly? Trump is the same person he was before and still pushing the same divisive platform of cutting taxes & regulations for the rich & corporations, cutting spending on things like education, healthcare, infrastructure & safety net programs, rolling back rights for women, minorities & LGBT people, ignoring the affects of climate change and turning our backs on allies around globe.

Obviously the assassination attempt was wrong and I don’t think many people are going to try and defend it but no, I’m not going to “unite” around Trump.

Not to mention the shooter was a pasty white Republican incel. Republican supporters have been purposely lying about that point in an attempt to demonize Trump's political opponents. These Trumpists have no integrity. On top of that, they support Trump, a man proven to be corrupt as a politician, a man addicted too lying, a felon, and a sex offender provided children to rape by Epstein.

I don't think there's anything wrong with demonizing the shooter. I'm pretty sure he would have considered himself an opponent of Trump's.

the-pi-guy said:
LegitHyperbole said:

You'd think this assassination attempt would unite Americans. I mean, you'd think. Wouldn't you? You'd think it. I thought it might. Surely.

The least America could do was unite around a power hungry narcissistic criminal rapist sociopath.  

Criminal rapist?  I thought he was found liable in civil court, which is not a criminal court.  

I get your point but we should be accurate with our words.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
the-pi-guy said:

The least America could do was unite around a power hungry narcissistic criminal rapist sociopath.  

Criminal rapist?  I thought he was found liable in civil court, which is not a criminal court.  

You're right, there should be a comma between all of those words. 

the-pi-guy said:
Chrkeller said:

You're right, there should be a comma between all of those words. 

Either way, he is still a giant PoS and isn't qualified.  Granted I don't think Biden is either with his clear neurological issues.  But hey, this is where we are at the moment.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
zorg1000 said:

What does that even mean? How do people unite over those things?

How does a trans person who is being denied gender affirming care unite with the people passing anti-trans legislation across the country?

How does a woman who’s forced to carry the child of their rapist or suffering from an ectopic pregnancy unite with the people who support strict abortion bans?

How do people who care about the environment and take climate change seriously unite with the people that want to roll back environmental regulations and repeal clean energy investments?

How does a parent who lost their child in a school shooting unite with the people who refuse to pass gun safety legislation?

How does someone who immigrated from another country unite with the people who treat them like they don’t belong and label them as “rapists, thieves & drug traffickers”?

How does a black person unite with the people who refuse to acknowledge that they are disproportionately targeted by the police?

How does a person who only has access to healthcare due to the Affordable Care Act unite with the people who tried and still want to repeal it?

How do people who had loved ones die from Covid unite with the people who didn’t take the pandemic seriously?

I could go on.

The reason there is no unity is because in our two-party system, one of the parties wants to protect the rights of everybody (unity) and the other only wants to protect the rights of the people they see as worthy (division).

Does Biden's party want to protect everybody? Are things like affirmative action interested in protecting everyone?

I'm reminded of Biden administration's relief program not too long ago...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/06/10/usda-minority-farmers-injunction/

"A federal judge in Texas has blocked an Agriculture Department disaster relief program from giving preferences to minority and female farmers, siding with a group of plaintiffs who allege that the program illegally discriminates against White male farmers."

Yes, programs designed to help historically discriminated against groups have the same outcomes as historically privileged groups are trying to create equity/equality.

https://www.farmers.gov/archived/coronavirus/pandemic-assistance/parp

The program doesn’t say white people can’t get relief, it says socially disadvantaged & veterans can get 90% relief and everybody else gets 80% relief.

I’m not saying every program is designed perfectly and have no flaws but in general, we have a party that is inclusive and one that is exclusive.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Americans are insane. America doesn't feel like a real place, just some weird social experiment that has gone out of control. Who thought a 2 party system was a good idea, it just completely lacks nuance, encourages division and increasingly extreme views.

LegitHyperbole said:

How about uniting around being American, alive and well and there's no civil war. The fact that you lot can come back from the brink. Why does everything have to be a confrontational absolute with you lot. Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Trump Tells Iowans To ‘Get Over’ School Shooting At Campaign Event | Donald Trump | The Guardian

Woohoo there's no civil war, okay, back to work, it's time for us to "get over it" like Trump says.

What do you expect? What is "being American" and why do Americans have to unite around that because Donald Trump got his ear clipped? Why would anyone celebrate being alive aside from those at the rally who almost got shot? People have lives to live, they have jobs to do, Trump survived, his ear got clipped, he immediately went golfing the next day.

Democrats hate Trump and Republicans hate Biden and it seems like independents hate them both, what do you want from them? Imho Americans are so desensitised to gun violence nowadays that they will quickly stop giving a shit about Trump getting his ear clipped off but otherwise being perfectly okay and why should they when Republicans never do a damn thing to stop school shootings?

Just another example of gun violence in America, this time against the former president, he came away with the most minor of injuries, some people aren't so lucky, America barely unites when the 50th school shooting happens (as in, nobody ever does a damn thing about the guns), Trump can count himself luckier than most victims of gun violence in America, far luckier, shooter even used a gun which Biden tried to ban.

He's fine, life goes on, Democrats and Republicans are still competing for the presidency, some would argue that Trump had it coming due to his violent rhetoric, doesn't help there's dozens of conspiracy theories flying around, but you know if the shooter wasn't a registered Republican that Republicans damn well wouldn't be "uniting" and they'd be doing everything they can to blame the Democrats.

JD Vance and Donald Trump JR immediately blamed the Democrats before any information actually came out.

Trump couldn't even be bothered to call the family of his dead supporter and instead went golfing, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 16 July 2024

Ryuu96 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Trump Tells Iowans To ‘Get Over’ School Shooting At Campaign Event | Donald Trump | The Guardian

Woohoo there's no civil war, okay, back to work, it's time for us to "get over it" like Trump says.

What do you expect? What is "being American" and why do Americans have to unite around that because Donald Trump got his ear clipped? Why would anyone celebrate being alive aside from those at the rally who almost got shot? People have lives to live, they have jobs to do, Trump survived, his ear got clipped, he immediately went golfing the next day.

Democrats hate Trump and Republicans hate Biden and it seems like independents hate them both, what do you want from them? Imho Americans are so desensitised to gun violence nowadays that they will quickly stop giving a shit about Trump getting his ear clipped off but otherwise being perfectly okay and why should they when Republicans never do a damn thing to stop school shootings?

Just another example of gun violence in America, this time against the former president, he came away with the most minor of injuries, some people aren't so lucky, America barely unites when the 50th school shooting happens (as in, nobody ever does a damn thing about the guns), Trump can count himself luckier than most victims of gun violence in America, far luckier, shooter even used a gun which Biden tried to ban.

He's fine, life goes on, Democrats and Republicans are still competing for the presidency, some would argue that Trump had it coming due to his violent rhetoric, doesn't help there's dozens of conspiracy theories flying around, but you know if the shooter wasn't a registered Republican that Republicans damn well wouldn't be "uniting" and they'd be doing everything they can to blame the Democrats.

JD Vance and Donald Trump JR immediately blamed the Democrats before any information actually came out.

Trump couldn't even be bothered to call the family of his dead supporter and instead went golfing, Lol.

I suppose so but I hope there is a way out of this mess. Hopefully people will pull back and realise both candidates are shit heads and there's nothing to fight over. But alas, whatever happens in November I suppose it's not going to stop this shit show. 

Ryuu96 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Yep, it’s always democrats that are expected to show decorum, be the adults in the room & take the high road. Republicans can say and do the most hateful, divisive things but somehow it’s the democrats who are expected to “unite” with Trump.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.