By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Grand Theft Auto IV leaked onto Internet

sinha said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
PS3 version will look life like however the 360 will look like a cartoon. 360 will have frame rate issues. PS3 version will run smoothly with no frame rate issues. I could just go and get that review and post it on here. I got 150 replies when I posted that review to another game forum site. Gamepro was the site.

What the fuck, can the mods here do their job once in a while, maybe?

OWNED!!

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
sinha said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
PS3 version will look life like however the 360 will look like a cartoon. 360 will have frame rate issues. PS3 version will run smoothly with no frame rate issues. I could just go and get that review and post it on here. I got 150 replies when I posted that review to another game forum site. Gamepro was the site.

hahahahaha

Nothing Rock_on_2008 said needed the attention of the mods. You have a right to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is, using the language you uses however, does. If of the two, one of you deserves to get banned, guess who? :) 

Since you're relatively new here, why don't you read the Forum Rules instead of trying to explain them to me?
"Thread titles must be work safe, descriptive and on topic. Keep the language in thread titles clean. We don't restrict language usage in posts (up to a point), but thread titles are a different matter."

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

sinha said: 
We don't restrict language usage in posts (up to a point)

If that word is not passed "a point", what word would be?

sinha said:
TheRealMafoo said:
sinha said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

hahahahaha

Nothing Rock_on_2008 said needed the attention of the mods. You have a right to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is, using the language you uses however, does. If of the two, one of you deserves to get banned, guess who? :)

Since you're relatively new here, why don't you read the Forum Rules instead of trying to explain them to me?
"Thread titles must be work safe, descriptive and on topic. Keep the language in thread titles clean. We don't restrict language usage in posts (up to a point), but thread titles are a different matter."

1. At some point, language usage comes to a point of common sense.

2. Read Rule 10.

TheRealMafoo said:
sinha said: 

"Language usage" means more than just individual words, it would be possible to restrict language usage yet allow all words. 

I'm not saying that's the case here, in fact it's not:

"Do not insult someone's religion, race, sex, sexuality, nationality, political beliefs, or gaming preferences."

So the n-word would be one example of a word that is past "a point"... 

Beyond that, I'm sure it's determined by context and other factors.

TheRealMafoo said:

"Nothing Rock_on_2008 said needed the attention of the mods."

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
sinha said:
The "point" is not any particular curse but the gratuitous usage of them, or racial/ethnic/religious slurs etc.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

To get back on topic:

A few seconds of gameplay:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=90chndWcgGs

360 box:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kbITcUujh_g
3 minutes of gameplay:

(Again, obviously the video contains spoilers, and this thread is about GTA IV leaks, so don't blame me if you choose to watch it)

Thanks for the clarification :)

Now that the 360 version has been leaked, I just want to know if the framerate is rock solid as it should be. Not that it would make me cancel my pre-order if it wasn't, but it's the one thing I'm curious about (I don't want to see spoilers).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Now that the 360 version has been leaked, I just want to know if the framerate is rock solid as it should be. Not that it would make me cancel my pre-order if it wasn't, but it's the one thing I'm curious about (I don't want to see spoilers).

Well, the leaked PS3 video, the frame-rate was fine, so it must be okay on the 360