By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - New Year's Resolutions

mZuzek said:

Survive.

Agree, was gonna write the same thing haha.

Around the Network

To become more of a curator on this website. 

BiON!@ 

- Lose weight (as usual - but having a gym membership and a fairly decent gig now where I now pencil in my own hours, I wanna get really serious again and get at least close to where I was a decade ago)
- Get a new place
- Get out more and be more social (kinda receded into my shell these past few years. Lockdowns I think kinda got my comfortable/used to that and I never quite came out of it)
- Far more output as far as my writing work goes
- Take things in stride more. I let things affect me way, way, WAY too deeply and I need to find a way to hack my brain and make that stop or at least dial it back.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

How has everyone been doing with keeping up with there new years resolutions.

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:

Shtinamin_ said:

Personally, my resolutions are:

• Earn a 510 on the MCAT
  • Become accepted into a medical school
  • Get Married/or find someone to be official with
  • Create a demo for a game that I think would compete against the Pokémon franchise
  • Read a very powerful book that has been on my mind for a long time now
  • Accomplish the Prime Pokémon Paceathon (Mainline Pokémon Marathon), what my profile image is
  • Become more involved in my church life.

Im at a 493 on MCAT practice exams

Haven't applied yet, but working on Personal Statement

Not married, but I have a number and texting someone. No dates yet.

Have a general idea on how the demo will play out, and I think I located a game engine to make it.

Im 12 chapters in the powerful book.

Haven't started the Prime Pokémon Paceathon

Have a church calling to plan Monday evening specific activities, and other activities. Helping out on a couple of lessons with some missionaries.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Around the Network
axumblade said:

I haven't set a book yet. I plan on making a list soon though. I really like sci-fi (well, not quite as dense as say Dune) if you have any recommendations. I haven't put as much thought into which books I want to read as I have into the other things I listed. 

I have a couple of recommendations:

Hyperion by Dan Simmons

The Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons

Endymion by Dan Simmons

The Rise of Endymion by Dan Simmons

There is a storytelling shift that most might not be interest in overcoming, but a lot of the conceptual threads are pulled together at the end of The Rise of Endymion. Most people only have gotten as far as the first two books.

I hope your reading some amazing books!

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Shtinamin_ said:
axumblade said:

I haven't set a book yet. I plan on making a list soon though. I really like sci-fi (well, not quite as dense as say Dune) if you have any recommendations. I haven't put as much thought into which books I want to read as I have into the other things I listed. 

I have a couple of recommendations:

Hyperion by Dan Simmons

The Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons

Endymion by Dan Simmons

The Rise of Endymion by Dan Simmons

There is a storytelling shift that most might not be interest in overcoming, but a lot of the conceptual threads are pulled together at the end of The Rise of Endymion. Most people only have gotten as far as the first two books.

I hope your reading some amazing books!

I’ll look into those books. I did just buy the Discworld collection that were on sale through humble bundle in the US but I’m always up for suggestions.

Shtinamin_ said:
hellobion2 said:

Shtinamin_ said:

• Earn a 510 on the MCAT
  • Create a demo for a game that I think would compete against the Pokémon franchise
  • Accomplish the Prime Pokémon Paceathon (Mainline Pokémon Marathon), what my profile image is

Have a general idea on how the demo will play out, and I think I located a game engine to make it.

Have a church calling to plan Monday evening specific activities, and other activities. Helping out on a couple of lessons with some missionaries.

Good Luck on the MCAT it looks like you will make it and what is a Prime Pokemon Paceathon? 

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:
Shtinamin_ said:
Shtinamin_ said:

• Earn a 510 on the MCAT

Good Luck on the MCAT it looks like you will make it and what is a Prime Pokemon Paceathon? 

Thanks. It’s rather difficult still. Got a 495 yesterday!

The Prime Pokémon Paceathon is my profile pic. The idea is to speedrun/play at least one version of every mainline Pokémon game. My profile pic has Green, Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, FireRed, Platinum, SoulSilver, White, White 2, X, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, Ultra Moon, Let’s Go Eevee, Sword, Brilliant Diamond, Legends Arceus, Scarlet. And all on official hardware in Japanese. But of course you can mix and match between the different versions.