Israeli military issues evacuation orders in Beirut neighbourhoods
The Israeli military has ordered “all residents” in two southern suburbs of the Lebanese capital Beirut to evacuate.
Posting a map of the Ghobeiry and Haret Hreik neighbourhoods, it highlighted two buildings it said were “Hezbollah facilities and interests, against which the [Israeli military] will operate in the near future”.
“For your safety and the safety of your family members, you must evacuate these buildings and those adjacent to them immediately and stay away from them for a distance of no less than 500 meters,” the warning said.
Israeli air strikes reported in Beirut
Local media has reported air strikes in Beirut’s southern suburb of Dahiyeh.
Israeli military issues new orders to flee Beirut neighbourhoods, air strikes reported
Israel’s military has issued two new forced evacuation orders – within minutes of each other – for four neighbourhoods in Beirut’s southern suburb.
The two new orders for residents to flee come less than an hour after two earlier overnight orders were issued to residents in the Haret Hreik, Ghobeiry and Bourj el-Barajneh neighbourhoods of the Dahiyeh suburb, locations that Israel’s military had said would be attacked shortly.
Two reported killed as Israeli air strikes pound Beirut’s southern suburbs
Local media in Lebanon are reporting that two people have been killed and four injured as a result of Israeli strikes on Beirut’s Ain el-Remmaneh neighbourhood, in the city’s southeastern suburbs.
According to reports, an Israeli fighter jet could be heard flying low over the city’s southern suburb of Dahiyeh, an area the Israeli military had warned would be attacked, and some 10 air strikes have been carried out so far.
The overnight attacks are the first by Israel on Beirut in nearly a week.

Flames and smoke rise from Israeli air strikes on Dahiyeh, in the southern suburb of Beirut, Lebanon, early Friday morning
At least 10 Israeli strikes hit Beirut overnight
Israeli fighter jets have carried out at least 10 strikes in Beirut overnight, Lebanon’s National News Agency (NNA) reports, after the Israeli military issued evacuation orders for several neighbourhoods in the Lebanese capital’s southern suburbs.
The Israeli raids hit Ghobeiry, al-Kafaat, the Sayyed Hadi highway and nearby al-Mujtaba Complex, as well as the old airport road, NNA reported.
“The raids left massive destruction in the targeted areas, as dozens of buildings were levelled to the ground, in addition to the outbreak of fires,” NNA said.
Earlier, we reported the Israeli military issued two evacuation orders in quick succession, ordering residents to flee several neighbourhoods of the Dahiyeh suburb, warning that they would be attacked imminently.
Footage shows extent of destruction in southern district of Beirut
Video clips, which have been verified by Al Jazeera, show the extent of destruction in Beirut’s southern suburb of Dahiyeh due to Israeli air strikes earlier this morning. The Israeli raids resulted in damage to several residential buildings.