By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Secret Santa PC Event 2023

Rhonin the wizard said:
JEMC said:

Here you'll find the best launches of March at Steam:

MARCH

There are some big names in that list.

I want to give the Atelier Ryza series a try, but man are the games expensive. And don't get me started on the DLC, 22 euros for 11 costumes?

I should play Barotrauma some day.

Guess this is the month Activision retuned to Steam, or close enough, what with all the Call of Duty games.

DREDGE, Have a Nice Death, Hero's Adventure, and Sun Haven look interesting.

How many times has Resident Evil 4 been remade? I already own the Wii and the PC version from 2005.

I played the demo for Terra Nil, it was fun and has a neat concept.

I never buy the costumes.  That said they are very good. I think the third one was too "much". Levels, maps,items to collect, items to make, characters etc etc.

The first two are amazing and the third one is probably still good if you go in knowing it is a mega-sized game.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

Around the Network
Rhonin the wizard said:
JEMC said:

Here you'll find the best launches of March at Steam:

MARCH

There are some big names in that list.

I want to give the Atelier Ryza series a try, but man are the games expensive. And don't get me started on the DLC, 22 euros for 11 costumes?

I should play Barotrauma some day.

Guess this is the month Activision retuned to Steam, or close enough, what with all the Call of Duty games.

DREDGE, Have a Nice Death, Hero's Adventure, and Sun Haven look interesting.

How many times has Resident Evil 4 been remade? I already own the Wii and the PC version from 2005.

I played the demo for Terra Nil, it was fun and has a neat concept.

I also tried the Terra Nil demo. It's one of those games that look deceivingly simple and easy, but hide some depth.

Other than that game only Have a Nice Death interests me. The RE4 remake looks awesome and plays great (also tried the demo), but well, I already played it all those years ago. I may get it down the line if there's a very good deal.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Ok, let's keep with the best launches of each month or the event will end before I post them all:

APRIL

Boundary
link
Cassette Beasts
link
Crab Champions
link
EVERSPACE™ 2
link
Fabledom
link
Meet Your Maker
link
Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Vol. 1
link
Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Vol. 2
link
Minecraft Legends
link
Omega Strikers
link
EA SPORTS™ PGA TOUR
link
Ravenswatch
link
Shadows of Doubt
link
STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor
link
Stranded: Alien Dawn
link
STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN
link
The Mageseeker: A League of Legends Story
link
Volcano Princess
link
Wartales
link

Wildfrost
link

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Ok, let's keep with the best launches of each month or the event will end before I post them all:

APRIL

I am interested in Cassette Beasts. I've played many Pokemon-like games for PC. Such as Monster Sanctuary, which plays like a Metroidvania with Pokemon; Coromon, I really liked the features that made it more easy to play, for example showing on the map which monsters inahbit a region and of those which the player has captured, being able to select what moves a Coromon uses in battle without a tedious process; Disc Creatures, which is aesthetically similar to the first gen Pokemon games.

I'm also looking at EVERSPACE 2, Meet Your Maker, STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor (I should complete Fallen Order some day), The Mageseeker, Volcano Princess (reminds me of Long Live The Queen), Wartales.

The Mega Man Battle Network Legacy no longer have Denuvo, on the wishlist they go.

Last edited by Rhonin the wizard - on 16 December 2023

Rhonin the wizard said:
JEMC said:

APRIL

I am interested in Cassette Beasts. I've played many Pokemon-like games for PC. Such as Monster Sanctuary, which plays like a Metroidvania with Pokemon; Coromon, I really liked the features that made it more easy to play, for example showing on the map which monsters inahbit a region and of those which the player has captured, being able to select what moves a Coromon uses in battle without a tedious process; Disc Creatures, which is aesthetically similar to the first gen Pokemon games.

I'm also looking at EVERSPACE 2, Meet Your Maker, STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor (I should complete Fallen Order some day), The Mageseeker, Volcano Princess (reminds me of Long Live The Queen), Wartales.

The Mega Man Battle Network Legacy no longer have Denuvo, on the wishlist they go.

EVERSPACE 2 is an interesting game because it can't repeat the same formula of the first game for reasons that I can't explain without spoiling the first game to anyone reading this. So, while the gameplay is very similar, everything else is quite different (at least from what I got playing the demo).

I also have Fallen Order in my backlog, and I'll wait until playing it before deciding if I get Jedi Survivor.

Around the Network

In another vein, I've already messaged everyone I could think of(*), to see if they'd like to join. Hopefully some of them decides to join us.

(*) I haven't asked Raven because he hasn't been on the site since August, and to me that feels like he has left the site. But some of you may know him better so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Who wants to know the best releases of May? Well, I'm going to do it anyway:

MAY

Age of Wonders 4
link
Darkest Dungeon® II
link
Far Cry® 6
link
Friends vs Friends
link
LEGO® 2K Drive
link
Mechabellum
link
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM BATTLE OPERATION 2
link
Railway Empire 2
link
Redfall
link
Silica
link
Starship Troopers: Extermination
link
System Shock
link
鬼谷八荒 Tale of Immortal
link
Tape to Tape
link
The Outlast Trials
link
Torchlight: Infinite
link
Voidtrain
link
Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun
link

Quite a month! With Redfall, a game that many had high hopes for ending up being a huge disappointment while System Shock was the complete opposite.

By the way, there is another game in the list: Only Up! But the game has been pulled out of Steam (it was the first game of a solo developer and it was too much for him. He explains it in a blog post), so I've decided to not include it in the list since it's no longer for sale.

Last edited by JEMC - on 17 December 2023

Alright, bills and presents are paid for. I should be able to participate :)

axumblade said:

Alright, bills and presents are paid for. I should be able to participate :)

Yay!

JEMC said:

Who wants to know the best releases of May? Well, I'm going to do it anyway:

MAY

Age of Wonders 4
link
Darkest Dungeon® II
link
Far Cry® 6
link

Quite a month! With Redfall, a game that many had high hopes for ending up being a huge disappointment while System Shock was the complete opposite.

Far Cry 6? I got it in 2021 as a bonus for the CPU I bought 2020.