By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga Trailer

HoloDust said:
pikashoe said:

Ok got it, so you don't actually have anything to back up your pov or add to the discussion. Honestly would have assumed you were a teenager if you hadn't said you were in your 50s. 

And let me guess, you're in your mid 20s - still with misguided passion for wasting time in debates, and for all the wrong reasons?

Late 20s and don't really debate with people all that much, most people aren't very willing to change there minds about something once they decide on something no matter what someone says. I used to think the way you do about film but I grew out of that years ago. I realised that just because I don't enjoy something doesn't necessarily mean it's badly made and vice versa. 

Odd for you to be on a website for discussion and be completely against discussion. I enjoy a bit of discussion on film and I'd love to hear your pov, but it seems apparent at this point that you just make controversial statements for a bit of attention and don't actually have anything of value to add? Please only bother replying to this if you actually have something meaningful to add.

Around the Network
pikashoe said:
HoloDust said:

And let me guess, you're in your mid 20s - still with misguided passion for wasting time in debates, and for all the wrong reasons?

Late 20s and don't really debate with people all that much, most people aren't very willing to change there minds about something once they decide on something no matter what someone says. I used to think the way you do about film but I grew out of that years ago. I realised that just because I don't enjoy something doesn't necessarily mean it's badly made and vice versa. 

Odd for you to be on a website for discussion and be completely against discussion. I enjoy a bit of discussion on film and I'd love to hear your pov, but it seems apparent at this point that you just make controversial statements for a bit of attention and don't actually have anything of value to add? Please only bother replying to this if you actually have something meaningful to add.

Here's something meaningful - next time you see someone stating something about some film (or anything else, for that matter), which doesn't correspond with your "objective" worldview, just try to bite your figurative tongue and don't reply, especially if offending line comes from conversation with someone else, and not with you.

HoloDust said:
pikashoe said:

Here's something meaningful - next time you see someone stating something about some film (or anything else, for that matter), which doesn't correspond with your "objective" worldview, just try to bite your figurative tongue and don't reply, especially if offending line comes from conversation with someone else, and not with you.

Dude you're on a discussion forum. It's to be expected that conversations will arise from statements made. If you don't want people conversing with you maybe don't bother making the statement to begin with? Again as I've said already I'd love to hear you expand upon your statement. I completely understand not liking the movie, but just saying it's bland and incoherent without explanation is just pointless and comes across as controversial for the sake of it. I'd love to hear your perspective and maybe open my eyes to seeing it from your pov. But if you don't want to just don't bother replying. 

pikashoe said:
HoloDust said:

Dude you're on a discussion forum. It's to be expected that conversations will arise from statements made. If you don't want people conversing with you maybe don't bother making the statement to begin with? Again as I've said already I'd love to hear you expand upon your statement. I completely understand not liking the movie, but just saying it's bland and incoherent without explanation is just pointless and comes across as controversial for the sake of it. I'd love to hear your perspective and maybe open my eyes to seeing it from your pov. But if you don't want to just don't bother replying. 

Look...mate. I have my take on that film. You have yours. It's my subjective view, as all things about art are. You popped into conversation claiming some nonsense about "non-objectivity". I honestly don't give a rats ass whether you like it or not. As I said many posts ago, nothing to see here, move along.

HoloDust said:
pikashoe said:

Look...mate. I have my take on that film. You have yours. It's my subjective view, as all things about art are. You popped into conversation claiming some nonsense about "non-objectivity". I honestly don't give a rats ass whether you like it or not. As I said many posts ago, nothing to see here, move along.

Ok, I'll just subjectively think your talking out your ass. If you can't even come up with anything to support what your saying what is there to say. Perhaps discussion forums aren't for you. May I suggest a diary or a journal for your thoughts, so that you don't have to deal with nasty people and there questions.

Around the Network

Okay dudes

mZuzek said:

Okay dudes

I think my last comment may have come across more serious than I meant it to😅

pikashoe said:
HoloDust said:

Ok, I'll just subjectively think your talking out your ass. If you can't even come up with anything to support what your saying what is there to say. Perhaps discussion forums aren't for you. May I suggest a diary or a journal for your thoughts, so that you don't have to deal with nasty people and there questions.

Never teach your asshole to talk

Having seen all the Mad Max films except Furiosa, I'd actually consider all of them to be excellent.

The first is clearly a very low budget endeavour, but it has a scrappy underdog charm that I really quite like.

The second is the best thanks to its top notch action.

The third slows down a bit to invest more in worldbuilding, and while the action isn't quite on the same level as Mad Max 2, it's still very enjoyable.

Fury Road is a visual feast with, for my money, some of the coolest action scenes ever committed to film and masterful pacing.

It's one of those rare franchises to me that doesn't have a weak entry.

curl-6 said:

Having seen all the Mad Max films except Furiosa, I'd actually consider all of them to be excellent.

The first is clearly a very low budget endeavour, but it has a scrappy underdog charm that I really quite like.

The second is the best thanks to its top notch action.

The third slows down a bit to invest more in worldbuilding, and while the action isn't quite on the same level as Mad Max 2, it's still very enjoyable.

Fury Road is a visual feast with, for my money, some of the coolest action scenes ever committed to film and masterful pacing.

It's one of those rare franchises to me that doesn't have a weak entry.

I disagree with this, Beyond Thunderdome was absolutely terrible in my opinion. It had some cool moments, especially the actual Thunderdome scene, but the pacing is off, the score is extremely jarring, and the whole "kids in the forest" arc was completely out of place. I don't pay much attention to ratings but that's the only movie in the series to get a PG-13 and it really shows.

I'm also not a fan of the first one, but I mean, it's the first one. For the budget it was on, it gets a pass.