Portal 2 9 19.15%

TES V: Skyrim 13 27.66%

Skyward Sword 6 12.77%

Gears of War 3 4 8.51%

Mario Kart 7 2 4.26%

Total:47

Sticking with Portal 2.

Around the Network

There's my vote for MK7 but of all of the realistic contenders I'm rooting for Portal 2.

This is definitely an interesting poll. Before the runoff it was between Skyrim and Dark Souls, but right now it looks like Portal 2 has moved into the lead.

All this does, is it fully confirms to me that the cake really is a lie.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 01 December 2023

The_Liquid_Laser said:

This is definitely an interesting poll. Before the runoff it was between Skyrim and Dark Souls, but right now it looks like Portal 2 has moved into the lead.

All this does, is it fully confirms to me that the cake really is a lie.

I will never dessert the Portal games.

Dark souls was perfection. Skyrim was fun but was so broken, i only enjoyed it on ps4. Uncharted 3 was my least favourite uncharted

Around the Network

Mario Kart 7. It helped evolve it's respective franchise.

Mario Kart 7 is my favorite here.

The 2011 Game of the Year is Dark Souls, and the runner up is a tie between Portal 2 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

This was an extremely close vote, both originally and in the runoff.  Originally Dark Souls was just barely ahead of Skyrim right before the runoff.  But when the runoff started Portal 2 got an early lead.  In the end there really were 3 exceptional games in a year full of other great games like Minecraft and Arkham City.  However, you have to really git gud to beat Dark Souls.

This makes me really want to give Dark Souls a try. I played a little bit of Demon Souls but it was too hard for me. I’m guessing that now since it’s been over a decade, I need to just get Elden Ring and sink into that one. I keep hearing it’s fun.

snyps said:

This makes me really want to give Dark Souls a try. I played a little bit of Demon Souls but it was too hard for me. I’m guessing that now since it’s been over a decade, I need to just get Elden Ring and sink into that one. I keep hearing it’s fun.

Elden Ring is definitely most accessible. Like all Souls it doesn't have difficulty setting, but given that it's open world you can always go somewhere where you feel comfortable and then come back later for tougher parts. And it has Spirit Ashes that you can call on to help you in fights.

This all does take somewhat away from "git gud" of Souls, but it makes a game friendlier for people who might shy away from Souls due to its difficulty (Souls aren't actually that difficult, it is more the matter of persistence in learning what enemies do).

Be aware that "feel" of Elden Ring is different than Souls - Souls are about figuring out the "level", like 3D Metroidvania. Elden Ring, while it does have that as well,  has a lot in a way of open world exploration and then you bump into "level"/"legacy dungeon".