By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Finally Got a PS5!

Congrats man. I understand your frustration with PS+ it's very confusing on PS with the way it's setup in the UI. I don't think it's much worse than GP honestly as I've had both and it's hard for me to find games on either that I want to play. I either already played it, don't want to play it, kind of wanted to play it but didn't like it, and then the rare game that I wanted to play and I end up beating. Going to finish the Judgement series and play Disco and probably let my sub run out in March.

Honestly I waste more time just browsing the service looking for something I can play to justify the cost. Thinking it's better to just let it cancel and spend that time browsing the PS store and buying a game. I also notice I put in more effort into a game I purchased vs a game I just downloaded off PS+.

Around the Network

Congrats :D
I also got a PS5 the same time as you. I got it in the Black Friday sales. They started a week early than the actual Black Friday. I got it £100 cheaper (or roughly £150 cheaper if you count the 'free' game I got with it). It was £390 with FF16.
I got a bunch of other games quite cheap, so I think I saved roughly £200 all together... Although I spent about £1,070 overall lol. I also got the PSVR 2 for it too :D I love it a lot. 
I got Resident Evil 8: Village, Resident Evil 4 remake, Final Fantasy 16, Horizon: Call of the Mountain, Kayak VR Mirage & Song in the Smoke.
I've only played Kayak VR Mirage & Resident Evil 8: Village so far. I really love Resi 8, the VR mode is amazing. It's got me hooked just like Resi 7 for PSVR1 did last gen. The graphics is a huge improvement from the first PSVR headset. The sense controllers are a massive improvement from the move controllers too.

Last edited by 00Xander00 - on 30 November 2023

I have (or have/had in the household): ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, NES, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, Gameboy, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Windows 95, Gameboy Colour, Windows 98, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Windows XP, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Windows Vista, iPhone, Windows 7, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Windows 10, PSVR, Switch, PS5 & PSVR2. :D

and I Don't have: Magnovox Odyssey, Any Atari's, Any Macintosh computers, Sega Gamegear, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, N-gage, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PSP, PSVita & Andoid Phone. Plus any non-mainstream consoles/platforms I haven't mentioned.

Enjoy. There's many great titles and some will be cheap now classic ps4 games like monster hunter world etc

PS as someone else said try astro playroom it really is Nintendo Mario quality I'm unsure if it's still bundled on the SSD

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

00Xander00 said:

Congrats :D
I also got a PS5 the same time as you. I got it in the Black Friday sales. They started a week early than the actual Black Friday. I got it £100 cheaper (or roughly £150 cheaper if you count the 'free' game I got with it). It was £390 with FF16.
I got a bunch of other games quite cheap, so I think I saved roughly £200 all together... Although I spent about £1,070 overall lol. I also got the PSVR 2 for it too :D I love it a lot. 
I got Resident Evil 8: Village, Resident Evil 4 remake, Final Fantasy 16, Horizon: Call of the Mountain, Kayak VR Mirage & Song in the Smoke.
I've only played Kayak VR Mirage & Resident Evil 8: Village so far. I really love Resi 8, the VR mode is amazing. It's got me hooked just like Resi 7 for PSVR1 did last gen. The graphics is a huge improvement from the first PSVR headset. The sense controllers are a massive improvement from the move controllers too.

You really bought some fine stuff my man.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Make sure to play Astro's Playroom, legit one of my favorite experiences on the system

It honestly surprised me that neither the 2 Playroom titles (original and VR) and tthe first Astro Bot don't have PS5 ports yet. The opportunity to push the Astro brand just a little bit more is right there.