By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Second Runoff Round 2009, Game of the Year

Runoff 2.0, Game of the Year 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum 23 47.92%

Uncharted 2 25 52.08%

Total:48

Uncharted 2 for me and then maybe Demon's Soul's. I need to find time to play the batman Arkham games. Also I personally think Ratchet and Clank A Crack in time deserved a shot for GOTY.

Around the Network

Weak year imo. Will vote for Modern Warfare 2. Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story and GTA: Chinatown Wars were also great.

Slightly a case of "what I've played" - man, I've played some bad games from that year - but I'm giving it to Angry Birds, for the whole franchise. Gaming history doesn't have many big puzzle series: Lemmings, AB and... The Incredible Machine is sadly forgotten. Seriously, what other series than Lemmings and Worms can you compare AB to?
(I've always wished they'd make Angry Birds vs Worms crossover.)

Honorary mention to Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. - I do like action flight sims.

I would imagine i'm probably the only one but I'll be voting for Final Fantasy XIII.

No, I will not be taking further questions at this time ;P

About three hours of voting left, and it seems almost certain there will be a runoff poll. I suppose this is your last chance to cast a write-in vote to make sure your game ends up in the runoff (although it's going to need at least 2 write-in votes to do that).

Around the Network

Seems pretty likely that Uncharted will win a runoff vote too. But I don’t mind the chance to vote for L4D2.

Other: Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time.
I liked quite a few of these games, but once I got through the early bits I remember having a lot of fun with Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time. A game that once had the working title Clock Blockers.

Kaunisto said:

Slightly a case of "what I've played" - man, I've played some bad games from that year - but I'm giving it to Angry Birds, for the whole franchise. Gaming history doesn't have many big puzzle series: Lemmings, AB and... The Incredible Machine is sadly forgotten. Seriously, what other series than Lemmings and Worms can you compare AB to?
(I've always wished they'd make Angry Birds vs Worms crossover.)

Honorary mention to Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. - I do like action flight sims.

The successor to The Incredible Machine is pretty good.  It’s called Contraption Maker.  Doesn’t do everything better than the original, but it’s a strong addition.

Felt the need to mention that 2009 was a pretty good year for Nintendo gamers with a few of my favourites often going under the radar.
Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Excitebots: Trick Racing, Endless Ocean 2/Blue World, A Boy and his Blob, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, the original release of Tales of Graces and several more on Wii alone.
Mad World, Monster Hunter Tri and Deadly Creatures spring to mind as well.

DS also had Henry Hatsworth and Infinite Space that were great games. As well as Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, and WarioWare DIY that have been unmentioned.

Oh crap I completely forgot that Monster Hunter Tri came out this year in Japan, because as a Westerner it was a 2010 game for me.

That was easily one of the best games of the 7th generation for me; I spent well over a thousand hours on it as the thrill of the hunt and the core loop of slaying bigger and meaner beasts to crafter better and cooler gear was so addictive.