Tales of Vesperia 4 6.90%

Dead Space 6 10.34%

Mirror's Edge 3 5.17%

Valkyria Chronicles 6 10.34%

Total:58

Dead Space and Resistance 2 for me.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Glad to see Valkyria Chronicles getting a lot of love in the comments.  It's my personal favorite from this year, but I didn't put it in the poll, because it neither got ultra high reviews or ultra high sales.  It is simply an awesome game though.

Will vote for it again in the runoff :p

SSBB will likely take the lead but I don't see anything else having the momentum to reach 2nd place over Other.

Valkyria Chronicles is a classic like Demon's Souls. Such a mistake to put the sequel on PSP :/ If the sequel had launched on ps3 and 360 instead, things could have turned out very differently. Imagine Dark Souls having been exclusive to PS Vita...

Eh, I think it’s totally fair to be able to vote for Wrath of the Lich King or Blood and Wine or Phantom Liberty. Those are substantial pieces of content. But it also doesn’t matter much since no expansion will get enough votes to win anyway.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
Sony published this 2D platformer with user generated content at a time when the Wii, ironically, still did not have its own proper 2D platformer yet.  LittleBigPlanet scored a 95 on Metacritic and sold over 3 million copies.

Damn, you really just gonna diss Warioland Shake It! Like that?
It's a tough call between that and World of Goo for me, but I think I'll go with World of Goo because I have fond memories of playing that with my siblings.
Also, just wanna shout out 'Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law' from the same year. It's one of my favorite licensed games ever, made by Capcom in the same style as Ace Attorney and full of writing just as just funny and insane as the TV show it's based on.

BonfiresDown said:

Eh, I think it’s totally fair to be able to vote for Wrath of the Lich King or Blood and Wine or Phantom Liberty. Those are substantial pieces of content. But it also doesn’t matter much since no expansion will get enough votes to win anyway.

Hmm, idk…..I didn’t like the way that “Eh” sounded, but I’ll take the Lich King recognition! 🥲

Around the Network

I find your lack of Braid disturbing

I make game analyses on youtube:

FFVI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSO6n8kNCwk
Shadow of the Colossus: https://youtu.be/9kDBFGw6SXQ
Silent Hill 2: https://youtu.be/BwISCik3Njc
BotW: https://youtu.be/4auqRSAWYKU

Super Smash Bro Brawl for me. It was the last smash that actually felt impressive for it's time. Don't get me wrong Ultimate is great too.

GTA IV is a great game but I don't think it's 98 meta great.

Fallout 3 I never really got far in.

I miss Littlebigplanet it was one of Sony's more creative games. they abandoned it. Like a lot of their other series.

I still need to try the Metal Gear Solid games...

Other Tales of Vesperia its still one of the best Tales games and the one that got me into the series.

Persona 4 and Smash Brawl are on top 2 in the list for me.

GTAIV, LBP and MGSIV are okay

Mario Kart Wii was good too

My vote goes to Persona 4 - one of my most favorite games I played.

SvennoJ said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Glad to see Valkyria Chronicles getting a lot of love in the comments.  It's my personal favorite from this year, but I didn't put it in the poll, because it neither got ultra high reviews or ultra high sales.  It is simply an awesome game though.

Will vote for it again in the runoff :p

SSBB will likely take the lead but I don't see anything else having the momentum to reach 2nd place over Other.

Valkyria Chronicles is a classic like Demon's Souls. Such a mistake to put the sequel on PSP :/ If the sequel had launched on ps3 and 360 instead, things could have turned out very differently. Imagine Dark Souls having been exclusive to PS Vita...

That's a good point.  Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls were both niche games with a cult following when they released.  But Demon's Souls got a chance to gradually get a bigger following because of the Dark Souls games.  

I played Valkyria Chronicles 2 on the PSP and it isn't nearly as good as the first game.  And VC3 didn't even leave Japan.  Valkyria Chronicles 4 is a proper sequel to the first game, but the series kind of lost hype/sales momentum when the sequels changed platforms and one didn't leave Japan.  (See also Dragon Quest.)