By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - More good news for GTAIV in AU

It's quite significant because 360 has a substantially higher install base than PS3 in Australia, similar to US and UK. It will be interesting to see if PS3 version actually does sell more when the charts come out.

Around the Network

Presale charts are a fair indication PS3 will outsell the 360 with GTA 4 by 2 to 1.

Rock_on_2008 said:
Presale charts are a fair indication PS3 will outsell the 360 with GTA 4 by 2 to 1.

I just can't tell if you're serious or not.  Is this all some kind of method actor's artistic project, or do you actually think this? 

azrm2k said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

You can get an imported US PS3 40Gb for $400US. Just add on import costs of $50. Remember PS3 is region free.

Ugh... importing games is one thing. Importing systems is probably not a good idea. First off there's the whole issue with voltage/power. I don't know which standard Australia uses but let's just assume it's the same as the US and it would work fine.

If you bought games they would work but BR discs wouldn't. BR movies aren't region free so you would have to import from NA regions if you had a US PS3.

PS3 has a universal PSU, it works worldwide. As for being region locked to NA BDs, that would seem better than being region locked to PAL BDs as NA movies are significantly cheaper and usually get released earlier, plus there's a wider choice. Having said that, after paying shipping and tax you won't save a lot, and you won't have a warranty. Importing hardware often makes sense if you are visiting that country and personally import it, but makes less sense having it shipped in.

Torillian said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
I just can't tell if you're serious or not. Is this all some kind of method actor's artistic project, or do you actually think this?

I believe this SpartanFX has shown evidence that supports this with his threads. PS3 will outsell the 360 with GTA 4. You must consider GTA is a traditional Play station game. Devil May Cry 4 proved this with PS3 outselling the 360 version worldwide. I believe GTA 4 will follow this trend.

Around the Network

We're a tiny market, but as already mentioned gametraders is a small percentage of an already small market. Lets wait and see how both version actually sell overall before we jump to any conclusions.

Torillian said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
I just can't tell if you're serious or not. Is this all some kind of method actor's artistic project, or do you actually think this?

Me neither, especially as the article says the pre-orders at EB games are neck and neck, albeit with a slight advantage to PS3.

He has shown evidence that the PS3 version will do better in some regions. This in no way equates to a 2 to 1 sale for PS3 to 360 versions worldwide. Don't get me wrong, I think that GTAIV will boost the PS3 more than 360 and that the software sales will be significantly better than install base size would lead one to assume, but I don't even think that PS3 will beat 360 in SW sales of GTAIV at all, let alone by such a huge ratio as 2 to 1.

@torillion and everyone else:

Here is what I think:

well I think XBOX will do better because of USA and possibly UK

3.2 million world wide 360
2.3 million world wide PS3

That's my opinion ,,so when 360 does better don't say see Spartan you were wrong''

Cause I have posted articles for only two small regions and the preorders do not show actual sale figures.

But I thought it was intreseting that PS3 is doing better where xbox360 has more install abse.

@SpartanFX

And that is a perfectly reasonable conclusion. My apologies if I came off as thinking that you were making crazy conclusions, you are only providing evidence that PS3 is selling well in certain regions, which I have no issue with. I only have issue with people that take the reasonable data you present and come to a wholly unreasonable conclusion.