By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Mario Wonder 50m+ LT

Totally agree with the above post.

The one thing I will say I didn’t factor in was the potential for RPG to split sales here. RPG is the “newer” Mario game going into the holidays, and the super causal audience may get a bit confused and think it’s a traditional Mario platformer and opt for that by mistake. Or the core gamers who can’t afford both might opt for RPG because of the nostalgia factor. So that’s something that could hurt holiday sales more than I had thought about. I think it’s probably unlikely though.

Around the Network
HyrulianScrolls said:

Totally agree with the above post.

The one thing I will say I didn’t factor in was the potential for RPG to split sales here. RPG is the “newer” Mario game going into the holidays, and the super causal audience may get a bit confused and think it’s a traditional Mario platformer and opt for that by mistake. Or the core gamers who can’t afford both might opt for RPG because of the nostalgia factor. So that’s something that could hurt holiday sales more than I had thought about. I think it’s probably unlikely though.

Oh yeah I forgot about Mario RPG being a factor.

Hmm, ok let's say out of the ~46 million. 2 million get confused cause they want to buy a Mario game for their grandson, and another 5 million can't afford both and choose the nostalgia factor.
That still leave Mario Wonder with ~39 million just out of those that watched the movie.

Again, just pure speculation. Thanks more reminding me, I hope you can enjoy both of these games.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.