By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer: "Nintendo future exists off their own hardware"

LurkerJ said:

How pompous. 

Literally the entire handheld industry is living off the Switch success, many Japanese publishers wouldn't be where they are right now if it wasn't for Nintendo's hardware.

"A career moment for me"? Buying Apple would a career moment for me, I just need some 100 trillion dollar to overcome a final minor hurdle  

Besides giving interviews every hour and spending daddy's money, what is Phil's resume? Yet he thinks he knows what's best for Nintendo  

Not that I am expecting more, this is the company's DNA, wait for growth to happen and join the party later, little to no idea on how to create it. 

EDIT:

From the same email, Phill: “Gaming is our most likely path to consumer relevance”, well it certainly isn't the NEW Bing, aka the borrowed ChatGPT, that now has LESS market share than the old Bing had. 

MS can't let ABK go because the TikToc generation don't use their products and find it more natural to get computing done on Android/iOS than they do on Windows. This is a fight for relevancy, because it certainly isn't innovation that will win MS consumers back, it would too much of a career moment for Phil and Satya to handle. 

Its amazing how much you care for Nintendo all of a sudden

Around the Network

Every company has a number. I just hope Microsoft isn't able to offer Nintendo their number.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

PotentHerbs said:

Nintendo and Sony merging would be much better for the industry TBH.

Nintendo wont merge with anyone and Imo Sony merging with Nintendo would be even worse than if Nintendo Merged with MS. As a Pc fan Nintendo Merging with Ms would give me so many benefits same if i was a mobile owner. Where as them merging with Sony would give me none. Plus we know Ms has gone all hands off with their studios letting them do their own thing like they did before they owned them buit giving them more cash to do it, they would clearly let Nintendo run themselfs like they always do but with more money to do it. Would Sony do the same?.

Btw the is no way is Nintendo selling to anyone but they could build a closer relationship.

For instance MS could allow games like Halo forza etc on Nin hardware and Nintendo could do the same with some of their ips even after some exclusivity. But honestly i cant even see this.

Shadow1980 said:

Nah. Screw that. There's been far too much corporate consolidation across all industries, video games included.

I'm glad Nintendo does their own thing. They make great hardware and great games. I'd rather not see them under the umbrella of an entirely different corporate entity. Who knows what that would do. Would they still retain creative autonomy? Would they still make handheld systems? Would Japanese gamers actually start to pay attention to Xbox if it was the only way to play Nintendo IPs? I have my doubts. Best to maintain the status quo.

And I say all of this as someone who spends most of their time gaming on the Series X.

I know it would never happen. But what if MS dropped the Xbox brand and allowed Nintendo to keep developing the hardware and doing their own thing. Only they would now have way more money and all MS would now require is the hardware is powerful enough to match whatever Sony is doing. So Nintendo gets to do their own thing and make their own hardware, as long as its powerful. But now it can also play all MS games and MS becomes like a 3rd party for Nintendo. Its like 4D chess but i didnt explain it right since im drunk

Mar1217 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Some nintendo fans defended bethesda and activblizzard buyout , look at them now when phill delusional spencer wants to do the same with nintendo and wants tthem to fail to buy them cheap.

Do you have quotes about them doing such ?

Imo, I am and was 100% against the consolidation deals from the start and appart from people actively in the Xbox community, I haven't seen many in support of these deals 

I have seen some be rooting for the deal after MS promised to bring CoD back to Switch. Not here though.
Of course I don't know if they were actual Nintendo fans, more CoD fans I wager, with the bad luck of their parents buying them a Switch :p

Enough with the merging and consolidation. Next Apple is going to want to buy Nintendo for their plans...
It's us as consumers who are to blame, we made these corporations far too wealthy :/

Around the Network
rapsuperstar31 said:

This is quite possibly the worst thing I have ever read. I would more than likely quit gaming if that ever happened, maybe I can pick up another hobby.

You dont you play any Sony games too?, No 3rd party games or that or is it you play only Nintendo games?.

Nintendo has been around since 1889. They are a constantly evolving company around conditions surrounding them. They adapt and change. If hardware becomes a thing is the past they will adapt to that. Nintendo will always be doing its own thing with quality.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I don't care that much to tell the truth. But if Nintendo could share Shin Megami Tensei V and Smash Bro on PC, I would be glad. But it won't happen.

Sure Microsoft, the company whose hardware sales are dominating yours has their future off their own hardware. What does that say about the future of Xbox?
What makes it even more hysterical is that he said this in 2020 at the height of the Animal Crossing boom, in a year where Switch sold nearly 30 million units.

Wont ever happen.