By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - studios besides insomniac that can handle marvel games

I like the idea of MachineGames making a Punisher game. They've got a great feel for brutal gunplay and more grounded characters. I would say id, but they still prefer fast-paced arena gameplay, but MachineGames slows things down.

As far as a more out there idea, Riot Games making a League of Legends-style X-Men game. Plenty of Champions, or Mutants, to choose from to put on full display their abilities. 

Around the Network
OdinHades said:

I dont know whoever developed it, but the Spider-Man game for Gameboy was quite entertaining. =P

I think Akklaim developed those older Spider-man games

If they were to ouutsource, definitely not Square Enix. At least under the leadership that spawned the Avengers game.

Like others pointed out, Sucker Punch feels like it could be a very good fit for a Marcel game considering the Infamous games.

Hiku said:

If they were to ouutsource, definitely not Square Enix. At least under the leadership that spawned the Avengers game.

Like others pointed out, Sucker Punch feels like it could be a very good fit for a Marcel game considering the Infamous games.

Yeah, I don't think Marvel, DC, Image, or anyone else is going to go to square enix for hero games again. Even though Crystal Dynamics was sold off, the fact that Avengers was under Square's banner is going to be a detriment.

That Gaurdians of the Galaxy game was great.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Was about to say, the non-mention of Eidos-Montréal so far in this thread is pretty depressing with how incredible a job they did.

mZuzek said:
Leynos said:

Was about to say, the non-mention of Eidos-Montréal so far in this thread is pretty depressing with how incredible a job they did.

It's probably because as good as Guardians was, it was dragged down by Avengers being a bad game. Just look all over the net, every time Guardians of the Galaxy is mentioned, that Avengers game is brought up along with it. It sucks that a good game gets lumped in with a crappy one, but that's what I think is happening here.

Shoot, I'd like to see what Team Asobi would do. Maybe something lighter and more cartoony like the Astro games.
Spider-Ham or Cosmo the Space Dog game anyone?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima