By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Discuss the state of the forums and find solutions

Forums suck because moderators censor anyone that is not a leftist and has a different opinions that the ones of mainstream media

Around the Network
Spoiler!
/s
Lukas85 said:

Forums suck because moderators censor anyone that is not a leftist and has a different opinions that the ones of mainstream media

I agree! The far left has utterly destroyed this site, having subjected it to a state of peril.

Staying relevant to the forum topic: I just want the ability to block certain users. And to potentially get rid of downvotes on article posts. Is that too much to ask?

Last edited by firebush03 - on 15 August 2024

firebush03 said:
Spoiler!
/s
Lukas85 said:

I agree! The far left has utterly destroyed this site, having subjected it to a state of peril.

Staying relevant to the forum topic: I just want the ability to block certain users. And to potentially get rid of downvotes on article posts. Is that too much to ask?

I want to get rid of the whole downvote and upvote system after initially being in favour of it, I think it harms discussion on both sides and I say that as someone with 14,180 liked posts, Lol. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate people liking my stuff but I think it hurts discussion still. But the last time we polled that, the option to keep it won and I tend to go with what the majority want.

You can block users with supporter but I personally feel everyone should get a number of blocks for free and additional blocks with supporter.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 August 2024

Lukas85 said:

Or is it that you were moderated for crossing a line and disagree with said moderation? 

I won’t go into the details, but review what happened if that’s the case. Then ask yourself if that was a forum issue or a you issue.

Otherwise, the accusation of preference is baseless without examples of blatant one-sided moderation towards right-leaning users.

Lukas85 said:

What do you think the purpose of a moderator is? 

No one has ever gotten banned for saying taxes should be lower, or there should be fewer regulations. It's generally because they say something that is blatantly flame bait - comments that are directed towards certain racial groups or women.  

Around the Network
Lukas85 said:

Perhaps you should provide an link to a post which you feel was unfairly moderated, so people can judge for themselves whether it is an example of that dastardly liberal conspiracy, or if someone was just being an asshole. ^_^

JWeinCom said:
Lukas85 said:

Perhaps you should provide an link to a post which you feel was unfairly moderated, so people can judge for themselves whether it is an example of that dastardly liberal conspiracy, or if someone was just being an asshole. ^_^

EU and UK politics [OT]

This is the comment he was banned for, I'm fairly sure this is what he is complaining about considering he emailed us to call us losers and moan about the ban.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 August 2024

lmao nothing changed

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ryuu96 said:
JWeinCom said:

EU and UK politics [OT]

This is the comment he was banned for, I'm fairly sure this is what he is complaining about considering he emailed us to call us losers and moan about the ban.

Oh, I was sure it was a case of something like that. Just thought it was fair to put it out there so other users could decide if it was a case of unjustified targetting or just enforcing the actual rules. I'm pretty sure when I've posed that question in the past, people clam up pretty quickly. 

Ryuu96 said:
firebush03 said:
Spoiler!
/s

I want to get rid of the whole downvote and upvote system after initially being in favour of it, I think it harms discussion on both sides and I say that as someone with 14,180 liked posts, Lol. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate people liking my stuff but I think it hurts discussion still. But the last time we polled that, the option to keep it won and I tend to go with what the majority want.

You can block users with supporter but I personally feel everyone should get a number of blocks for free and additional blocks with supporter.

I agree with everything you’ve said here. Perfect solutions imo. I love how Upvotes/Downvotes work on YT, and even more if they were just gone. Outside of the Political forums, I’m not one to be receiving many downvotes…but even still, seeing as to how many comments — of which are *typically* entirely valid, but just don’t conform to the overall opinion of the community — will typically be sent into “-10” territory, I believe this is a big problem.