By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - hi everyone (louder and cuter than Deyon and mZuzek)

Tagged games:

is this place lame now?

yeah 13 50.00%

naw 13 50.00%

Total:26
NintendoPie said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Great to see you @NintendoPie Welcome back :)

Here are a few lesser-known Switch titles that might speak to you. A lot of these are also available on PC, PS, and Xbox.

• Chained Echoes (a throwback turn-based RPG with lots of modern quality-of-life concessions)
  • Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights (a beautiful Metroidvania with great action and storytelling)
  • Cult of the Lamb (an unlikely but exciting combination of colony simulation and rogue-like dungeon-crawling)
  • Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin (another unlikely but exciting combo, this one a mix of farming sim and action-platforming)
  • Spirtfarer (a cozy life sim with a very bittersweet story about ferrying the souls of the dead)
  • Wargroove (a stellar turn-based strategy game with a huge amount of content -- and it's getting a sequel soon!) 

hey! thanks! definitely remember you.

super appreciate the lesser-known recommendations. are all of them digital downloads? i've actually never downloaded a switch game as i usually prefer to buy physical - it feeds my materialism more lmao.

I think a bunch of these indies do actually have physical versions. Here are a couple links for Sakuna and Spiritfarer. Others may be more expensive/inaccessible due to small productions batches.

Good hunting!

Around the Network
JackHandy said:

For self-care, Pikmin 4 would b something I'd suggest. If it's anything like Pikmin 3, it'll be very Zen-like and bring a smile to your face. As for another console, I recently got a PS5 to go with my Switch and holy... I was wrong in thinking PS5 and the new Xbox weren't a leap forward. They are, at least the PS5 is. Everything about it, from the controller to the console itself and how it functions, it all feels truly next-gen, imo. And Ratchet and Clank... *drools*. Ridiculously good.

i am 100% buying pikmin 4 and am so excited! i loved pikmin when i was a kid and haven't played it in yearsssss.

what games do you have on the PS5? i've considered buying one, or at least getting a PS4 to play some of the games i missed on that.

If you like JRPGs I'm required to recommend the Tales series, both Vesperia and Symphonia are on Switch and those are the two best ones. The Symphonia remaster is admittedly kinda lazy but the game itself is a classic with an amazing story. Persona 3-5 are also on Switch now and they're amazing and pretty chill, especially 5 is incredible.

Also tons of great games for the PS4 if you decide to pick that or a PS5 up, probably Sony's best generation in terms of 1st party games.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:

If you like JRPGs I'm required to recommend the Tales series, both Vesperia and Symphonia are on Switch and those are the two best ones. The Symphonia remaster is admittedly kinda lazy but the game itself is a classic with an amazing story. Persona 3-5 are also on Switch now and they're amazing and pretty chill, especially 5 is incredible.

Also tons of great games for the PS4 if you decide to pick that or a PS5 up, probably Sony's best generation in terms of 1st party games.

i do love JRPGs! i saw the symphonia remaster and agree it was quite lazy haha but, i'll look into vesperia. 

did you play any of the other switch JRPGs? i just played a bit of the Live A Live demo and i actually really liked that a lot.

i am very tempted to buy a PS4 for all the Kingdom Hearts games... like so tempted. i tried playing KHIII cloud on switch and it was AWFUL. i hate that they did that.

Might as well go for the full Pikmin series. Also, Ghost Trick coming out soon!

Around the Network
Moren said:

i mean OBVIOUSLY i've played pikmin 1 and 2 already. did not play pikmin 3 bc i, once again, hated the wii u.

what is ghost trick about?

Understand, understand
Understand, understand
Understand, understand the concept of love (Uh)
Ready to kick some—
Ready to kick some—
Uh, uh
What is love? What is free love?
What is love? Love is free, free free free

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Moren said:

Ghost Trick came out on the 30th.

Leynos said:

Understand, understand
Understand, understand
Understand, understand the concept of love (Uh)
Ready to kick some—
Ready to kick some—
Uh, uh
What is love? What is free love?
What is love? Love is free, free free free

are you serenading me? what's happening.

have any of you played dragon quest xi on the switch? i'm interested in it as i loved DQIX on the ds.