By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Dwayne Johnson Reportedly Axed By Disney Over Crazy $3 Billion Lawsuit

Dwayne Johnson apparently was just axed from Disney because he was named along with other celebrities and politicians in a $3 billion suit filed by Theresa Biggers for allegedly conspiring to kidnap her and her children.

Guilty until proven innocent, it seems. -_-

Around the Network

I don't believe this for a second. Too many wrestlers have no issues doing shoot interviews and something like this would be mentioned.

Edit: No wonder. It's fake news from this one website no one has ever heard of. Nowhere else can I find info on this. Not even in wrestling circles.

Last edited by Leynos - on 06 May 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

I don't believe this for a second. Too many wrestlers have no issues doing shoot interviews and something like this would be mentioned.

Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell.

CaptainExplosion said:

Dwayne Johnson apparently was just axed from Disney because he was named along with other celebrities and politicians in a $3 billion suit filed by Theresa Biggers for allegedly conspiring to kidnap her and her children.

Guilty until proven innocent, it seems. -_-

Guilty until proven innocent applies more to your judgment of Disney.

As I am a wrestling and Disney fan, and someone who has passed the NYState Bar Exam and knows a little about law, allow me to offer some clarity here.

Former wrestler Rhaka Kahn has been involved in legal trouble regarding criminal charges against her interference with custody, for refusing to comply with custody agreements regarding her children. Rhaka Khan has, as part of her response, alleged a massive conspiracy to kidnap her children. The conspiracy involves, among others, the Rock, Chris Benoit (dead in 2007 which I believe is long before the children in question were born), the state of Texas, the FBI, the NYPD, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Heath Miller (former WWE wrestler), Nikki Bella (not Brie), Florida Championship Wrestling, Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins, Bank of America, Michael Jordan, Jim Cornette, Mick Foley (Cactus Jack/Mankind), Con Edison, and others too numerous to name.

Nobody has yet been served, but a court allowed her to move forward with the suit, providing she pays in advance for the legal fees. This is because legally, they cannot dismiss the case at this phase, regardless of how ridiculous it is. They are hoping I assume that no lawyer will accept this case, because it would be career suicide, and that the issue will go away on its own.

There are few things in life that I feel comfortable guaranteeing. But I will 100% guaranfuckingtee, and would bet everything my own, my life, and the life of everyone I know that nobody at Disney is taking this the least bit seriously, let alone seriously enough that they would cut ties with one of the highest paid stars in movie history. If the relationship has soured, it has nothing to do with this. 

As a Disney fan, I can tell you, there is a lot of competition among Disney blogs and websites, and many of them are not above sensationalist clickbait titles to draw interest. So, when they saw "Rock", "kidnapping", and "3 Billion dollar lawsuit" they jizzed their pants at an opportunity to post some shit about that. So, they found a way to make a Disney connection 

But, I have to give them a little bit of credit. Because all of the information I posted about this can be found by clicking the link in the very article you posted here. So, literally, the minimal amount of research would have been enough to show that Disney obviously is not making multimillion dollar decisions on the basis of this batshit crazy lawsuit. And even they were very careful not to directly say there was a connection between the lawsuit and what is happening between The Rock and Disney.

So, practice what you preach. Instead of reading a headline and assuming it in any way reflects reality, take a moment to get more information about the situation before drawing any conclusions. 

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 06 May 2023

I can't copy and paste for some reason but anyone interested in more about this search "Jim Cornette on Being Sued by Rhaka Khan". Basically the same stuff I posted, but in a way more entertaining manner. Hope Rhaka gets the help and her kids have someone stable in their life.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

I can't copy and paste for some reason but anyone interested in more about this search "Jim Cornette on Being Sued by Rhaka Khan". Basically the same stuff I posted, but in a way more entertaining manner. Hope Rhaka gets the help and her kids have someone stable in their life.

The whole thing just sounds suspiciously convenient. For her. If she somehow wins I hope she doesn't expect Dwayne to pay $3 billion himself, I don't think he even has that kind of money.

JWeinCom said:

As someone who has passed the NYState Bar Exam and knows a little about law, 

I thought you'd have to know a lot about the law to pass the Bar exam

CaptainExplosion said:
Leynos said:

Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell.

No, because this is the only site reporting it at the time of that posting.

Last edited by Leynos - on 06 May 2023

JWeinCom said:

I don't know anything about that case but Cornette should be sued by multiple people. Vile disgusting person.Beyond racism. Has made death threats to many. Wished death upon many. Thinks sexual assault in the 80s locker rooms is amusing.

CaptainExplosion said:
JWeinCom said:

The whole thing just sounds suspiciously convenient. For her. If she somehow wins I hope she doesn't expect Dwayne to pay $3 billion himself, I don't think he even has that kind of money.

She is likely schizophrenic and needs help. It's a waste of mental energy to consider what will happen if she wins the lawsuit, unless maybe she somehow gets some weird technical victory for no money because nobody is going to waste their time on dealing with this. But, if she actually gets 3 billion dollars I will put my testicles in a meat grinder. 

SKMBlake said:
JWeinCom said:

As someone who has passed the NYState Bar Exam and knows a little about law, 

I thought you'd have to know a lot about the law to pass the Bar exam

To be honest, no, relatively. There is a lot of law out there. The bar really covers very little of it. I'm sure I know more law than most people, but if anyone brings up a specific topic I'm unlikely to know much about it. For instance with all the Activision/MS stuff there's been a lot of stuff about anti-trust law. And I know next to nothing about that. But, unlike a lot of people, I at least know enough to know I don't know shit. 

Long story short, I'm not sure I'd say anyone knows a lot about the law. I wouldn't say that I do. But there are a couple of niches I know a lot about.

Leynos said:
JWeinCom said:

I don't know anything about that case but Cornette should be sued by multiple people. Vile disgusting person.Beyond racism. Has made death threats to many. Wished death upon many. Thinks sexual assault in the 80s locker rooms is amusing.

Sometimes we need to really get all the details from all parties to make a decision. In this case, I think it is clear enough that it's nonsense. Unless you think that Michael Jordan and the deceased Chris Benoit are working with Con Edison to steal her child.

As for Cornette, I'm a fan. Great mind for the business. And incredibly entertaining. Definitely wishes death upon many, although I generally take it as hyperbole. I don't believe I've heard anything I would interpret as a true threat, but if someone legitimately and reasonably felt Jim Cornette might kill them then yeah that would be cause for a law suit. Don't think I have heard him saying anything about sexual assault one way or another. Definitely noticed some biases he has and some views that need to be updated, but I haven't heard anything that would cause be to believe he's a racist, or anything beyond that. Of course, I have not heard everything he has said and so obviously am not endorsing it.

But yeah. Entertaining person who is very insightful in his commentary even if he is often overly critical. Nothing I've heard from him would make me find him so objectionable that I would stop listening.