By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Movie Breaking Records; 5 Day Opening Weekend Set To Beat Frozen 2

Soundwave said:

I think Zelda will go with a CG art style maybe a bit stylized like Puss In Boots (another Universal film), but still "looking" CGI with a touch of Studio Ghibli like Japanese influence. Lots of beautiful "nature" shots.

My other guess would be the film could start with Link as a child and then age him up. I also think something darker in tone than Harry Potter, but not quite as dark as the Lord of the Rings movies.

Just as Mario is heavily inspired by the games, I think you will see heavy influences from Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, and especially BOTW/TOTK.

I think you are right about the CG. I am kind of torn in my mind if I would prefer CG, or actual real movie series. Like you said in your other posts, most the audience is 18+, lots of material to make a epic series of movies. If the right budget and actors were put behind it, it has the potential to be the next harry potter franchise success, kid link all the way to adult.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Soundwave said:

I think Zelda will go with a CG art style maybe a bit stylized like Puss In Boots (another Universal film), but still "looking" CGI with a touch of Studio Ghibli like Japanese influence. Lots of beautiful "nature" shots.

My other guess would be the film could start with Link as a child and then age him up. I also think something darker in tone than Harry Potter, but not quite as dark as the Lord of the Rings movies.

Just as Mario is heavily inspired by the games, I think you will see heavy influences from Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, and especially BOTW/TOTK.

I think you are right about the CG. I am kind of torn in my mind if I would prefer CG, or actual real movie series. Like you said in your other posts, most the audience is 18+, lots of material to make a epic series of movies. If the right budget and actors were put behind it, it has the potential to be the next harry potter franchise success, kid link all the way to adult.

I can't believe you just inferred animated movies aren't real movies. Didn't expect someone from the Oscars in this thread. -_-

CaptainExplosion said:
Cobretti2 said:

I can't believe you just inferred animated movies aren't real movies. Didn't expect someone from the Oscars in this thread. -_-

real as in real people not animated lol. they both still movies in the end. I don't like the term live, as technically they are not live as its released post production.

Cobretti2 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

real as in real people not animated lol. they both still movies in the end.

Well next time say live-action. XD

fedfed said:

I am happy to see this pass the Billion mark; Shigeru Miyamoto really deserves this....

but i wish to see still, more Mario games than Mario movies in the future...

Wii U all we saw was Mario games lol Everyone else abandoned ship haha.

PS - yes slightly over exaggerated but at times it felt likw Mario was in everything coming out lol.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
fedfed said:

I am happy to see this pass the Billion mark; Shigeru Miyamoto really deserves this....

but i wish to see still, more Mario games than Mario movies in the future...

Wii U all we saw was Mario games lol Everyone else abandoned ship haha.

PS - yes slightly over exaggerated but at times it felt likw Mario was in everything coming out lol.

And sorry if I said this before, but Bob Hoskins and Dennis Hopper can finally rest in peace knowing there's finally a good Mario movie out there. ^^

CaptainExplosion said:
Cobretti2 said:

real as in real people not animated lol. they both still movies in the end.

Well next time say live-action. XD

lol maybe will have to, still feels weird haha.

live-action

live-drama?

live-horror?

Zelda movies should definitely be live-action. That'd be sooo much cooler than animated Zelda and would open it up to older audiences. Think LotR but Zelda. It could be the next huge movie fantasy IP. Of course in collab movies like an eventual Smash bros movie we'd also get to see Zelda characters animated.

Anyway, yeah Mario movie expected to be at $871 million when the weekend ends. That means it did like $195 million this past week! So by end of next weekend it could be within spitting distance of a billion dollars. It could definitely end up in the 1.3 - 1.5 billion range, which is monu-freakin-mental!

Slownenberg said:

Zelda movies should definitely be live-action. That'd be sooo much cooler than animated Zelda and would open it up to older audiences. Think LotR but Zelda. It could be the next huge movie fantasy IP. Of course in collab movies like an eventual Smash bros movie we'd also get to see Zelda characters animated.

Anyway, yeah Mario movie expected to be at $871 million when the weekend ends. That means it did like $195 million this past week! So by end of next weekend it could be within spitting distance of a billion dollars. It could definitely end up in the 1.3 - 1.5 billion range, which is monu-freakin-mental!

Two big problems with a live-action Zelda movie are it'll need a bigger budget, which'll increase the risk of it not breaking even at the box office, and even more care will have be taken with picking cast members, because they'll have to sound AND look right for their roles.

CaptainExplosion said:

Two big problems with a live-action Zelda movie are it'll need a bigger budget, which'll increase the risk of it not breaking even at the box office, and even more care will have be taken with picking cast members, because they'll have to sound AND look right for their roles.

Honestly, for a Zelda movie to not break even, it'd need to be a monumental mess.