By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game News Roundup

New Game News Roundup is now live. In this one I discuss the latest VGChartz estimates for April 2023. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

New Game News Roundup is now live. 

• South Korea Approves Microsoft's Activision Blizzard Acquisition
  • EU Antitrust Chief: Microsoft's Activision Blizzard Deal Has 'Significant Procompetitive Effects'

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

In this latest Game News Roundup I go over the upcoming schedule of video game showcases. 

• Xbox's Matt Booty: AAA Games Now Take 4 to 6 Years to Develop
  • Microsoft No Longer Developing Games for Xbox One

Two new Game News Roundup videos now live!

Around the Network

Microsoft vs FTC hearing day 2 tidbits:

• The Elder Scrolls VI is Likely 5 Plus Years Away, Says Phil Spencer
  • Phil Spencer Under Oath Promises to Keep Call of Duty on PlayStation as Long as Sony Allows It
  • Phil Spencer: Microsoft Heard Starfield Might Skip Xbox Before Acquiring Bethesda
  • Phil Spencer: Minecraft Doesn't Have PS5 Version Because Sony Didn't Send Mojang PS5 Dev Kits
  • Microsoft Tried to Acquire Zynga Before Activision Blizzard Deal

New video is now live going over what PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan said in his pre-recorded deposition video during the Microsoft vs FTC hearing.

New video going over today's Microsoft vs FTC hearing. 

Topics covered:

• Microsoft Considered Acquiring Square Enix
  • Bobby Kotick Regrets Not Bringing Call of Duty to the Switch
  • Bobby Kotick Isn't Interested in Xbox Game Pass or Any Subscription Services
  • Next-Generation Nintendo Console to be Close in Power to the PS4 and Xbox One
  • Microsoft CEO: Sony Has Defined Market Competition Using Exclusives
  • Sony's Call of Duty Deal Ends in 2024, But Only Includes Up to Call of Duty 2023
  • Horizon Forbidden West and The Last of Us Part II Budgets Accidentally Revealed
  • Sony Believes Nearly Half of PS5 Owners in the US Also Have a Switch