By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game News Roundup

This is a thread dedicated to the YouTube/Twitch series - Game News Roundup - where I discuss the latest VGChartz estimates, gaming news and other gaming sales from around the industry.

Links here to my YouTube and Twitch.

Here are the most recent videos:

Last edited by trunkswd - on 17 July 2024

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

This video was from a couple of days ago. 

• PS5 Outsells Nintendo 64
  • US Justice Department Sues Activision Blizzard for Supressing eSports Wages
  • PlayStation Store on PS5 Adds Accessibility Tags
  • Saudi Arabia Investing $38 Billion to Become Hub for the Video Game Industry
  • Nintendo and DeNA Launch Joint Venture Nintendo Systems
  • Nintendo to Fix Joy-Con Drift in the EEA, UK, and Switzerland Even If Warranty Has Run Out
  • Cheaper Xbox Series X|S Storage Expansion Cards Appear to be on the Way

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

• Sony Claims UK Regulator Dropping Console Concerns With Call of Duty is 'Irrational'
  • Sony Still Worried Microsoft Could Release Worse Version of Call of Duty on PlayStation
  • Jim Ryan: 'Our Business Would Never Recover' If Microsoft Degraded Call of Duty on PlayStation

New Game News Roundup is now live on YouTube where I discuss the latest with Microsoft's Activision Blizzard acquisition and Sony's latest response.

Last edited by trunkswd - on 06 April 2023

Ne Game News Roundup is now live!!

Topics discussed:

• The Super Mario Bros. Movie Earns $377 Million in 5 Day Opening Smashing Records
  • Report: Steam Deck to Surpass an Estimated 3 Million Units Sold Lifetime in 2023
  • Joseph Staten is Leaving Xbox and Microsoft

New Game News Roundup is now live. I only covered one topic in this short video and that is South Africa approving Microsoft's Activision Blizzard acquisition.

Around the Network

New Game News Roundup is now live! The Super Mario Bros. Movie Expected to Earn Over $1 Billion at the Global Box Office

"PS5 Smashing Records, Xbox Series and Switch Sales Drop - VGChartz March 2023 Estimates Breakdown"

Topics covered include the March 2023 VGChartz estimates:

• PS5 Sells Over 2M, NS and XS Sales Drop - Worldwide Hardware Estimates for March 2023
  • PS5 Sells Over 800K, Setting PlayStation Record - Americas Hardware Estimates for March 2023
  • PS5 Sells Nearly 600K, NS and XS Sales Drop - Europe Hardware Estimates for March 2023
  • Switch Best-Seller, PS5 Sales Top 3M - Japan Hardware Estimates for March 2023

trunkswd said:

"PS5 Smashing Records, Xbox Series and Switch Sales Drop - VGChartz March 2023 Estimates Breakdown"

• PS5 Sells Over 2M, NS and XS Sales Drop - Worldwide Hardware Estimates for March 2023
  • PS5 Sells Over 800K, Setting PlayStation Record - Americas Hardware Estimates for March 2023
  • PS5 Sells Nearly 600K, NS and XS Sales Drop - Europe Hardware Estimates for March 2023
  • Switch Best-Seller, PS5 Sales Top 3M - Japan Hardware Estimates for March 2023

I saw an IGN type of gaming journalists podcast, they were reading one of your articles about sales comparisons, and they were getting it totally wrong, it was hilarious to watch

SKMBlake said:
trunkswd said:

I saw an IGN type of gaming journalists podcast, they were reading one of your articles about sales comparisons, and they were getting it totally wrong, it was hilarious to watch

It is great to see other gaming sites covering the VGChartz estimates...even if they do get some stuff wrong. For a long time most places wouldn't touch our estimates. 

New Game News Roundup is now live! The focus was to go over the CMA in the UK blocking Microsoft's Activision Blizzard acquisition, as well as Microsoft's and Activision Blizzard's responses to this and their plans to appeal this decision.