By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter 4 on Wii only ?

Screen shots and footage I have seen on this game it belongs on the Wii/PS2. No need to release it on the PS3/360.

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
Yeah, regardless of what platform it is on, I agree that Street Fighter 4 is probably going to suck.

Agreed.  So far the game looks simply mediocre.

Then again, because of graphical limitations there is the slim hope that the Wii version will be 2D. *crosses fingers* 

Rock_on_2008 said:
Street Fighter 4 will be awful. 3D Street Fighter does not work. 2D Streetfighters pwn 3D Streetfighters

This comment would make sense if Street Fighter 4 were 3D. Since the game is 2D I don't see your point however. Are you praising Capcom for their decision to ignore the 3D Street Fighter series and stay true to their roots?

Agreed.  So far the game looks simply mediocre.

Then again, because of graphical limitations there is the slim hope that the Wii version will be 2D. *crosses fingers* 

The arcade version is 2D so all ports will also be 2D. The game uses 3D graphics in the exact same way Super Smash Brothers Brawl uses them.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Street Fighter 4 will be awful. 3D Street Fighter does not work. 2D Streetfighters pwn 3D Streetfighters

This comment would make sense if Street Fighter 4 were 3D. Since the game is 2D I don't see your point however. Are you praising Capcom for their decision to ignore the 3D Street Fighter series and stay true to their roots?

Agreed. So far the game looks simply mediocre.

The arcade version is 2D so all ports will also be 2D. The game uses 3D graphics in the exact same way Super Smash Brothers Brawl uses them.

The difference is Super Smash Bros. Brawl isn't full of hideous deformed monkeys in 3D.

My objection is to the horrible art direction, not the style of gameplay.

Gnizmo said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Agreed. So far the game looks simply mediocre.

oops I thought Street Fighter 4 would be another 3D game. The  2D Streetfighter games were good 15 years ago.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

The difference is Super Smash Bros. Brawl isn't full of hideous deformed monkeys in 3D.

Well that makes a lot more sense then. The art direction does look fairly terrible. I still can't get past the picture where Ryu really seems to be enjoying his fights. I don't think changing the 3D models into 2D would make it any better sadly.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
naznatips said:

Well that makes a lot more sense then. The art direction does look fairly terrible. I still can't get past the picture where Ryu really seems to be enjoying his fights. I don't think changing the 3D models into 2D would make it any better sadly.

This is what I envisioned for Street Fighter in HD. I wanted beautifuly detailed 2D animations. I was sadly very wrong.

Capcom isn't going to pass up the chance to whore street fighter out on absolutely every electronic device which will run it, including cellphones and high-end toasters.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Soriku said:
Capcom response:

Capcom says Street Fighter IV Wii is speculation

“…There has been no announcement of ANY home version for SFIV, Wii or otherwise. This “mag” is speculating, not reporting news.” - Seth Killian, Capcom Entertainment Inc. — Senior Manager, Community

Well…that’s a nice response. It doesn’t shoot-down a possible Wii version, just states that no confirmations have been given for any home versions of the game. There is still hope, gang!

Link

Interesting, I thought this was confirmed for PS3/360.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.