By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| We have Stellar Helldiving Bots

BasilZero said:

Havent been able to play much the last several days.

My Father has been sick and eventually passed away during the weekend - I'm likely gonna disappear for a bit, I need to collect my thoughts and be there for my family.

I just saw this. Deeply sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family all the best as you go through this difficult time. 

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Havent been able to play much the last several days.

My Father has been sick and eventually passed away during the weekend - I'm likely gonna disappear for a bit, I need to collect my thoughts and be there for my family.

Respeitosamente ofereço minhas condolências, lamento pela sua perda. Espero que você e sua família possam encontrar forças para superar a perda de seu pai.

Não conheço você ou a sua orientação religiosa, mas humildemente desejo que Deus te ilumine.

The recent discovery of a new PS2 emulation title coming to PS4 and PS5 is exciting news. Sounds like it's based on the new emulator Sony have been using for PS1 and PSP games.

Can't wait to see what else gets released. I personally want the EA 007 games (I know probably won't happen) since I really enjoyed those a lot,

DroidKnight said:

Sorry for your loss.  You're a strong individual, do what you got to do.  

coolbeans said:

That sucks, man.  My condolences to you & your family.

method114 said:

Sorry for your loss.

PotentHerbs said:

I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences, take all the time you need. 

twintail said:

Sorry for your loss. 

G2ThaUNiT said:

I just saw this. Deeply sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family all the best as you go through this difficult time. 

Thank you all :)!

Manlytears said:

Respeitosamente ofereço minhas condolências, lamento pela sua perda. Espero que você e sua família possam encontrar forças para superar a perda de seu pai.

Não conheço você ou a sua orientação religiosa, mas humildemente desejo que Deus te ilumine.

Thanks! I dont read/speak portugese (assuming Google translator is right lol).

As for my religious orientation - I'm a Syrian Jacobite Orthodox Christian (denomination from Syria, Lebanon and majority from Kerala, India).

BasilZero said:
DroidKnight said:

Sorry for your loss.  You're a strong individual, do what you got to do.  

coolbeans said:

That sucks, man.  My condolences to you & your family.

method114 said:

Sorry for your loss.

PotentHerbs said:

I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences, take all the time you need. 

twintail said:

Sorry for your loss. 

G2ThaUNiT said:

Manlytears said:

As for my religious orientation - I'm a Syrian Jacobite Orthodox Christian (denomination from Syria, Lebanon and majority from Kerala, India).

Sorry for assuming you speak Portuguese. My conclusion came from your username "BrasilZero". It carries the word "Brasil" written with an "S", and outside Brazil most people use "Z".

Around the Network
Manlytears said:

Sorry for assuming you speak Portuguese. My conclusion came from your username "BrasilZero". It carries the word "Brasil" written with an "S", and outside Brazil most people use "Z".

There's no r, it's just Basil. 

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 18 May 2024

BasilZero said:

Sorry for your loss. 

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 18 May 2024

Manlytears said:

No problem.

Basil is actually one of my two names I use - ironically even though its not my legal name , everyone calls me "Basil" in my family - even my wife.

I remember in my wedding - half of my family were shocked to find out my legal name wasnt Basil lol

Anyways to the origin of my username - I am named after a saint in India (of the church where I was baptized and my family has a long history with) - the saint's name is St. Baselios Yeldho - where is where I got both my legal name "Eldhose" (Yeldho) which means Birth of Christ/Christmas and my nick name "Basil" (Baselios).

Both names are common - I have several family members with both names so whenever we get together, there is usually confusion because multiple people answer when the names are called lol.

Spoiler!

The Sacred tomb of the holy father is a great solace for many; large groups of pilgrims, irrespective of caste and creed come to the church every day seeking his intercession and more particularly on annual feast days and also on every Saturdays. A great number of miracles are happening by the intercession of the holy father. It is a common practise among the parents to name their long awaited sons as ‘Yeldho’ and ‘Basil’, who they believe will be protected by the saint like a guardian angel.

http://www.syriacchristianity.info/bio/MorBaseliosYeldho.htm

As for the Zero part - I got that from watching one of my most favorite anime - Gundam Wing and the main character's mobile suit - Wing Gundam Zero

https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/XXXG-00W0_Wing_Gundam_Zero

Also around the same time as watching Gundam Wing - I was watching Zoids New Century (another one of my most favorite anime) where the main character used his Zoid "Liger Zero"

https://zoids.fandom.com/wiki/Liger_Zero

So I put "Basil" and "Zero together to make BasilZero in the early 2000s.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 18 May 2024

Tsushima is just 1K players away from passing God of War as Sony’s highest concurrent player count for a single player game on Steam! Here’s to hoping it has the legs!

the-pi-guy said:
Manlytears said:

There's no r, it's just Basil. 

BasilZero said:
Manlytears said:

No problem.

Basil is actually one of my two names I use - ironically even though its not my legal name , everyone calls me "Basil" in my family - even my wife.

I remember in my wedding - half of my family were shocked to find out my legal name wasnt Basil lol

Anyways to the origin of my username - I am named after a saint in India (of the church where I was baptized and my family has a long history with) - the saint's name is St. Baselios Yeldho - where is where I got both my legal name "Eldhose" (Yeldho) which means Birth of Christ/Christmas and my nick name "Basil" (Baselios).

Both names are common - I have several family members with both names so whenever we get together, there is usually confusion because multiple people answer when the names are called lol.

Spoiler!

The Sacred tomb of the holy father is a great solace for many; large groups of pilgrims, irrespective of caste and creed come to the church every day seeking his intercession and more particularly on annual feast days and also on every Saturdays. A great number of miracles are happening by the intercession of the holy father. It is a common practise among the parents to name their long awaited sons as ‘Yeldho’ and ‘Basil’, who they believe will be protected by the saint like a guardian angel.

http://www.syriacchristianity.info/bio/MorBaseliosYeldho.htm

As for the Zero part - I got that from watching one of my most favorite anime - Gundam Wing and the main character's mobile suit - Wing Gundam Zero

https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/XXXG-00W0_Wing_Gundam_Zero

Also around the same time as watching Gundam Wing - I was watching Zoids New Century (another one of my most favorite anime) where the main character used his Zoid "Liger Zero"

https://zoids.fandom.com/wiki/Liger_Zero

So I put "Basil" and "Zero together to make BasilZero in the early 2000s.

lol. My God, this is embarrassing. It all started with me thinking "This guy is my countryman, we are both from Brazil, I will send a support message using our native language, Portuguese". 

I was so conditioned to reading "Brasil" that I didn't realize it was "Basil". A thousand apologies, but I find the whole situation comical. It ended up as a big misunderstanding. lol