By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

VII is the most important game in the series but IX is the best one. ( I love both)

I was thinking today tho after playing more FF16 and the reports of DQ12 trying to be "adult" which is silly as DQXI already had a mature story but whatever. I want another Nier. Yoko said he is done but I want another one. You talk about fantastic stories with a lot of tough themes.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
-Adonis- said:

FFXVI is doing FF's numbers, nothing less :

Total sales in 2019

Final Fantasy VII : 9 900 000 (12,6 million on every platforms)
Final Fantasy VIII : 8 600 000
Final Fantasy IX : 5 500 000
Final Fantasy X : 8 600 000
Final Fantasy XII : 6 400 000
Final Fantasy XIII : 7 700 000 (on every platforms)
Final Fantasy XV : 10 000 000 (on every platforms)

Shame that IX sold so less - it deserves so much more.

Well I got like...multiple versions of the game lol

-PS1
-PS4
-Switch
-Xbox
-PC
-iOS

The Remake will give it even more justice

-------------------------------

When I had a PS3, I didn't even want to try FFXIII trilogy. But recently on PC and with HD mods, I fell in love with the trilogy. Who could have known ?

BasilZero said:
kazuyamishima said:

Final Fantasy XVI has shipped/sold 3m units worldwide.

Well deserved!

Its gonna be hard to determine GOTY for me this year.

This, Zelda ToTK, Super Mario RPG, etc

Damn, this year is so good full of games.

And neither Starfield nor Spider-Man 2 are out yet! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Leynos said:

VII is the most important game in the series but IX is the best one. ( I love both)

I was thinking today tho after playing more FF16 and the reports of DQ12 trying to be "adult" which is silly as DQXI already had a mature story but whatever. I want another Nier. Yoko said he is done but I want another one. You talk about fantastic stories with a lot of tough themes.

Agreed, plus it sounds like they are having issues with development making DQ12 more adult.  If you are having issues making it adult, don't make it more adult.

rapsuperstar31 said:
Leynos said:

Agreed, plus it sounds like they are having issues with development making DQ12 more adult.  If you are having issues making it adult, don't make it more adult.

If they already have FF on adult theme keep DQ on teen/child theme

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Finish the first eikon battle, pace for this game could be better to explain the story and character a bit more

Why are you guys thinking SE is having any problem with DQ development?

IcaroRibeiro said:

Because SE having problems developing games is their default. The contrary is what has to be proven :D

IcaroRibeiro said:

It was mentioned on reddit a little while back, now that I read the article it doesn't sound too bad.  I'll paste the interview question and answer.

Well, let me start by saying that this year marks the 37th anniversary of the Dragon Quest series, and to coincide with the 35th anniversary, an HD-2D remake of Dragon Quest III has been announced, and there are rumors that the latest title, Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate is about to be released?

Horii: Mmm, I guess it will take a little while. This time we are making a game directed toward an adult audience*, so we are having a lot of trouble (laughs). There was also the Coronavirus pandemic.

haxxiy said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Because SE having problems developing games is their default. The contrary is what has to be proven :D

Lmao, true