By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Bought Soulcalibur V for $20 off of PSN and its DLC for $2.99 before they are to be delisted.

Started on Story mode - on episode 11 (looked it up and there's 20 chapters) - so its really short lol.

1 hour in and already half way done with the story. Its okay and those generic Create-a-soul characters almost kicked my ass in story mode lmao

Gonna do arcade mode with all characters after that and then try out the create-a-soul mode

Around the Network

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Very Smart from SE that after you finish the Demo it gives you the option to pre-order now straightaway (Done plenty of times before).

People on the fence before playing the Demo would be like “that sounds about right”.

PS5 cloud streaming news is great.

Very important month for Classics too:
Killzone Liberation's final chapter is DLC - how will this be handled?
Coded Arms is a JPN only release - will it be translated? Will we start seeing more JPN only releases coming WW?

Very cool month.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

It makes sense that current gen games are also on the streaming even more now that less crossgen will be occuring.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I am assuming Atlus will announce the additional platforms for this during this stream.

Leynos said:

I'm gonna abuse the shit out of this lol

Blood_Tears said:

I am assuming Atlus will announce the additional platforms for this during this stream.

Its obviously coming to Playstation and PC lol.

I finished Soulcalibur V's story mode.

20 episodes long and it took me a little over 2 hours.

Some comments.....

+Unlockables of characters, costumes and CAS items
+Decent premise of story (at first)
+Option to choose lower difficulty when losing
+5 trophies tied to story mode

-Half of the character roster does not appear in the story mode at all (Mitsrugi, Raphael, etc)
-Some cutscenes were drawings (kinda like Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops on PSP)
-Some of those same cutscenes for some reason did not have audio of any kind - voiceovers or music but there was obviously suppose to be there, I dont know if its because of my PS3 or if its a known issue....
-Both protagonists are horrible people with terrible personalities that murdered so many people which they easily shrugged off even after finding out what they did was wrong.
-The ending was one of the most dumbest endings I've seen - one of the villains disappeared after episode right before the last like they forgot about her, a major supporting character who made an appearance in the first half completely disappeared in the second half even though he supposedly was with the protags in the 2nd half, etc. Its so half baked.
-No customization options for story mode difficulty

I unlocked 26 out of 28 characters - the last two apparently will only be unlocked once I play through Arcade mode. 4 of the characters had to be unlocked through story mode - 2 of which are just clones.

I'm gonna create my own character and then play through arcade mode with all 28 (+1 CAS) before wrapping up the game.

Next 5 games I will play Playstation wise in my non-recording/streaming list is....

-Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus (PS3)
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 (PS3)
-Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection (PS3)
-Sonic Generations (PS3)
-Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)

For recording/streaming I'm currently doing....

-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix (PS4 via my PS5)
-Driveclub (PS4)
-Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (PS4)

What I plan to play next for recording/streaming after....

-Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (PS4 via PS5)
-God of War 2018 (PS4 via PS5)

---

Last edited by BasilZero - on 15 June 2023

BasilZero said:

I finished Soulcalibur V's story mode.

20 episodes long and it took me a little over 2 hours.

Some comments.....

+Unlockables of characters, costumes and CAS items
+Decent premise of story (at first)
+Option to choose lower difficulty when losing
+5 trophies tied to story mode

-Half of the character roster does not appear in the story mode at all (Mitsrugi, Raphael, etc)
-Some cutscenes were drawings (kinda like Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops on PSP)
-Some of those same cutscenes for some reason did not have audio of any kind - voiceovers or music but there was obviously suppose to be there, I dont know if its because of my PS3 or if its a known issue....
-Both protagonists are horrible people with terrible personalities that murdered so many people which they easily shrugged off even after finding out what they did was wrong.
-The ending was one of the most dumbest endings I've seen - one of the villains disappeared after episode right before the last like they forgot about her, a major supporting character who made an appearance in the first half completely disappeared in the second half even though he supposedly was with the protags in the 2nd half, etc. Its so half baked.
-No customization options for story mode difficulty

I unlocked 26 out of 28 characters - the last two apparently will only be unlocked once I play through Arcade mode. 4 of the characters had to be unlocked through story mode - 2 of which are just clones.

I'm gonna create my own character and then play through arcade mode with all 28 (+1 CAS) before wrapping up the game.

Next 5 games I will play Playstation wise in my non-recording/streaming list is....

-Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus (PS3)
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 (PS3)
-Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection (PS3)
-Sonic Generations (PS3)
-Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)

For recording/streaming I'm currently doing....

-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix (PS4 via my PS5)
-Driveclub (PS4)
-Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (PS4)

What I plan to play next for recording/streaming after....

-Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (PS4 via PS5)
-God of War 2018 (PS4 via PS5)

---

Good list of games, and how good is the audience you have been getting?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."