By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

I hope sony will announce a new ape escape game
Please sony 😭😭😭😭

Around the Network

Motorstorm, Modnation Racers and Wipeout are the games on my wishlist for a surprise announcement.

As I finished Astro's Playroom on PS5...my game rankings are now....

Ranked by Publisher

Ranked by Genre

Ranked by Platform

BasilZero said:

@OT - I just finished Astro's playroom - really enjoyed it.

I absolutely love Astro's playroom. Glad you enjoyed it.

Zippy6 said:

Motorstorm, Modnation Racers and Wipeout are the games on my wishlist for a surprise announcement.

Modnation Racers is such an underrated game. 

I had such a great time with it on PS3. The absolute worst thing about it was the absurd loading times. 

Ouch, this will definitely ruffle some feathers in the Destiny community. There is no silver bundle that's the exact amount for the new price of the season passes. So you'll have to pay double for the $20 silver bundle to get the season passes going forward. It's not like Destiny 2 isn't making absolute bank, so this will be quite the stinger. Especially with how insanely monetized the game is already. 

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Ouch, this will definitely ruffle some feathers in the Destiny community. There is no silver bundle that's the exact amount for the new price of the season passes. So you'll have to pay double for the $20 silver bundle to get the season passes going forward. It's not like Destiny 2 isn't making absolute bank, so this will be quite the stinger. Especially with how insanely monetized the game is already. 

The exchange ratio of Silvers to Gold changed to much this year? =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Just got the platinum for Final Fantasy III Pixel remaster. Means that I now have the entire NES trilogy complete on my PS consoles.

1 was incredibly rudimentary. That really does add to the charm and makes it feel special but it also means the game has some clunk that affects its quality. the relative lack of story and character counter-balances it.

2 was experimental and had a much better plot and characters making for an overall better story, but the levelling system was fundamentally broken even if it was fun to play with and experiment with.

3 went back to the job system of 1 but refined it, mixing a better version of 1's overall feel with 2's better story and characters. But despite those improvements, it had certain elements that really angered me, such as dungeons where you were forced to be mini or toad and in my 20+ hours playing I never found any way to recover MP (No tents, no cottages, no Ethers, etc) outside of sleeping at an inn or using an insanely rare elixir. That really put a damper on spellcasters.

So yeah, I would rank all three equally on my all time list. I truly loved all three but with each subsequent entries we got higher highs and lower lows, balancing each other out.

I think if I went through again (Something I almost certainly will do on Switch some day), I might like 3 the most since the job system gives me the most wiggle room now that I am more intimately familiar with the game.

Overall, so far with the Pixel Remasters I absolutely LOVE the improvements to the graphics and sound. the spell animations are crisp and satisfying, the battle landscapes are all gorgeous, and Final Fantasy music has always been phenomenal and playing them in an improved version is nice.

Only halfway through the Pixel Remaster set and I can honestly say I recommend them to anyone who even remotely has interest in Final Fantasy, pixel games, JRPGs, or classics in general. and we haven't even gotten to the good ones yet! IV, V, and VI are all so much better than I, II, and III.( with VI being my all-time favourite game)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

SIE partner games so far:

- Deviation - MP

- Ballistic Moon - Until Dawn type horror?

- Sumo Digital - open world game?

- Rise of the Ronin

- Stellar Blade

- Death Stranding 2

- Ooze game

- Twin Swans/Swizzle - horror game

- Firewall Ultra

- Lost Soul Aside

- Convallaria

- KOTOR

Unfortunate news regarding PixelOpus.

Concrete Genie wasn't my favorite game, it had its flaws but it still is a soothing experience with some cool ideas, and I ended up getting the platinum for it anyway.

PotentHerbs said:

Unfortunate news regarding PixelOpus.

Concrete Genie wasn't my favorite game, it had its flaws but it still is a soothing experience with some cool ideas, and I ended up getting the platinum for it anyway.

I suppose in hindsight their partnership with Sony Animation was incredibly important in keeping the team's existence justifiable going forward.

Too bad it didn't work out. I've got to imagine that it must've been a new IP and not Spider-Man or Ghostbusters.