By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Has anything been said about a multiplayer mode for Ghost of Yotei?

I wouldn't be surprised if Sucker Punch had a multiplayer based game for Ghost rather than a free update.

Around the Network

Metaphor is mostly Persona 5 again but in a new setting. I like it. The enemies inspired by Hieronymus Bosch's paintings are interesting. Combat is a merge of press turn from SMT and P5. The art is great. Technically, it doesn't look the best and still uses the Persona 5 engine when SMTV uses UE4. I love the music. It's different for Atlus but it's bombastic. Odd and operatic all mixed together. Really excited for this to come out.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Sony revealing GoY at the latest State of Play is such a great change of pace.

It gives them so much flexibility in their marketing, gives the fanbase something to look forward to every couple of months, and alleviates deadlines for their first party studios.

PotentHerbs said:

Sony revealing GoY at the latest State of Play is such a great change of pace.

It gives them so much flexibility in their marketing, gives the fanbase something to look forward to every couple of months, and alleviates deadlines for their first party studios.

I agree. It also helps set expectations for SoP's going forward to have a good mixup of games along with maybe 1 or 2 notable first party announcements. Whereas something labelled as a "showcase" is where expectations are through the ROOF and everyone expects a blitzkrieg of constant major announcements lol. Which can be a hindrance. 2021 being the last notable PS showcase where we still have 2 major game announcements that are MIA 3 years later with the KOTOR Remake and Wolverine. 

So incorporating a major announcement or 2 in SoP's will allow for constant major interest in the events as well as keeping studios from having to announce their projects too soon.

Kyuu said:

Played about 3 hours of Metaphor's demo and it's a huge disappointment to me outside the turn based combat, which may turn out really good but I'm not sure yet.

Already convoluted, overstylized, unfitting music, weird direction, story telling and pacing. And visuals that at moments make my eyes bleed. It's just not clicking :(

Persona 6 should not take too long to be revealed, let's just wait for it.

Around the Network

It's so sad that it was immediatly predictable once I saw the eye from the new Ghost protagonist was that of a woman, that the first thing that crossed my mind was stupid people calling it woke... and I was right.

Now, a concerning big number of people see a woman and immediatly say "woke" or get offended, and like I was afraid with Concord, which compeled me to ask supposedly specific issues with the game for it to be so attacked... those people now have the power to make a game fail.

Gladly Tsushima already made the IP strong, otherwise Ghost of Yotei being the first game could actually kill the franchise, which would be extremely sad and concerning.

Is there anything that can be done to protect gaming from this absurdity? Some "Influencers" are more than happy to fuel it to get the audience of those brain-dead people for themselves.

The incredibly franchise Sucker Punch made could actually be a failure if it was the first game, I can't believe it, we could be on the verge of losing great games being made because of this shit.

Excellent games may be DoA just because the human being portraited on it is not a white guy, that shit can't be ignored anymore, they were almost able to take TLoU2 down, the sequel to arguably the most acclaimed game in modern times, too, and it greatly affected its sales and would be a lot worse was it not for the record breaking preorder it had before that blew out.

I have not played an Assassin's Creed game since the excellent Black Flag, but the series was enjoying a very good moment with the last 3 games until it chose to make a black man and a woman the playable characters, the trailers looked quite good too, IMO.

I couldn't care less who is the character I play as long as it's good, I never felt the massive majority of games I played as a white man was good or bad because of that, neither games I played as a woman for example were better or worse because of that, but now I fear devs may be forced to either use white males or ridiculously hot females only so their game is "safer" to invest the insane amount of money triple A games cost nowdays, and that will definitely hurt character writing and gaming creativity as a whole, and probably help to support the issue to get stronger in the real world too.

That can't be where we are headed, this stupidity can't be left unchecked anymore.

Last edited by BraLoD - 2 days ago

BraLoD said:

I have not played an Assassin's Creed game since the excellent Black Flag, but the series was enjoying a very good moment with the last 3 games until it chose to make a black man and a woman the playable characters, the trailers looked quite good too, IMO.

You may want to reword this. Comes across as racist and sexist.

Leynos said:
BraLoD said:

You may want to reword this. Comes across as racist and sexist.

That's exactly the sentiment I get from people hating on the game. I do not hate the game at all. Am I missing something in how I worded it that it's failing for that because of stupid people, not me, having a problem with it?

BraLoD said:
Kyuu said:

Played about 3 hours of Metaphor's demo and it's a huge disappointment to me outside the turn based combat, which may turn out really good but I'm not sure yet.

Already convoluted, overstylized, unfitting music, weird direction, story telling and pacing. And visuals that at moments make my eyes bleed. It's just not clicking :(

Persona 6 should not take too long to be revealed, let's just wait for it.

I'm done with high schoolers saving the world plots! I'd be more interested in a new mainline SMT with a decent storyline and high production values, but Atlus is just so far behind the curve in technology, that you easily see it in a generation of diminishing returns.

In my opinion Persona 5, a stunning PS3 game, is MUCH more pleasing to the eye than Metaphor which is a PS5 game made with probably a much bigger budget. More free camera controls and natural environments are proving too ambitious for Atlus and their trash engine.

Maybe it's time to go full Unreal Engine, because based on the little I've watched, SMT5 (a Switch game!) is easily their best looking game technically despite the low budget.

SMTV-Vengence is a great game.