By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Its mind boggling how the scale of Final Fantasy 16 exceeds God of War Ragnarok. That's something I didn't expect when both games got revealed at the PlayStation Showcase.

Around the Network

FF16 looks mostly gorgeous but they gotta tone down the particle/special effects for a cleaner and less chaotic look, especially when fighting multiple enemies. Getting some Dynasty Warriors vibes (yikes). Hopefully it's challenging and plays great.

Kyuu said:

FF16 looks mostly gorgeous but they gotta tone down the particle/special effects for a cleaner and less chaotic look, especially when fighting multiple enemies. Getting some Dynasty Warriors vibes (yikes). Hopefully it's challenging and plays great.

Remember that heavy particle effects ruin video compression. So it'll look a lot messier and harder to see on a youtube video than actually playing it. It might still be too much in person but a video will always make it worse.

Kyuu said:

In the SoP video there's two modes - "Story Mode" and "Action Mode"

According to the descriptions - story mode is for people who want a more story experience and not into action games too much (Easy/Normal)

Action mode is for people who want a challenge/experienced with action games (Normal/Hard)

BasilZero said:
Kyuu said:

According to the descriptions - story mode is for people who want a more story experience and not into action games too much (Easy/Normal)

Action mode is for people who want a challenge/experienced with action games (Normal/Hard)

to be more specific, story mode just gives auto combo and auto evade equipment from the start, whereas you'll need to collect those items yourself in the action mode.

Around the Network
twintail said:

to be more specific, story mode just gives auto combo and auto evade equipment from the start, whereas you'll need to collect those items yourself in the action mode.

Oh I thought they would decrease the difficulty like how hard the enemy hits or how much hp it takes too.

BasilZero said:
Kyuu said:

Somewhat similar but not entirely the same as what Platinum Does.  Easy mode is mainly accessories.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Horizon DLC coming tomorrow and Final Fantasy 1-6 pixel remasters.

Anyone playing?

the-pi-guy said:

Anyone playing?

I must do FFXV and FFVII Remake Intergrade (again) before. After that I will do Horizon FW + Burning Shores.

CloudxTifa said:
the-pi-guy said:

Anyone playing?

I must do FFXV and FFVII Remake Intergrade (again) before. After that I will do Horizon FW + Burning Shores.

SO MANY AMAZING PS GAMES! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android