By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

My body is ready for Gundam Breaker 4!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

It's really strange to see prices increasing instead of dropping, even more after the Slim took over the original model, which was made to be cheaper...

I would be livid if I was in Japan and still didn't have a PS5, seems like Sony is trying hard to make it to stop selling there.

Sony can't possibly not be making money on the PS5 right now, seems like they want good profit margins too, maybe being an early adopter is the better strategy from now on, crazy.

Hardware is probably a lost cause right now so likely one of the reasons why they are expanding on how software is being released on PC since supposedly the PC market is huge in Japan.

BraLoD said:

It is 60%, inflation and money losing value is another thing to consider, but for Japanese people it went from 50K to 80K yen.

Which was the average income increase in yens from the japanese in that period? Was it close to 60% too?

That's the reality for anyone not living in Europe or the US at the moment, exchange rates have swung massively in favor of the dollar and the euro thanks to high interest rates.

Since international contracts are signed in dollars (as well as the components prices for the PS5) the Japanese consumers get the short end of the stick. Sony isn't going to cut into their profit margins out of the kindness of their hearts.

Maybe in the next time a new Thread-Title with "Astro Bot"-Fun ?

The Anime-Streamingapp/site Crunchyroll is becoming increasingly popular.

Over 120 million (15 million paying as of 2024)

members, now. Love it. So many strong, interesting series.

by the way: Cant wait of this new RPG from Europe =)

edit: Oh new title, Thats awesome :) Wish you a great day/wonderful weekend =) @ the-pi-guy

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 29 August 2024

KazumaKiryu said:

Maybe in the next time a new Thread-Title with "Astro Bot"-Fun ?

The "Bots" part in the title is actually about Astro Bot. 

Stellar Blade

Helldivers

Astro Bot.

I guess we currently have Lego Horizon, Astro Bot, Until Dawn to look forward to. 

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Kyuu said:

https://x.com/Genki_JPN/status/1828318867766247871

Another (huge) price hike! This generation is a disaster.

Everything is getting more expensive everywhere. So sadly not a surprise.

I'm just glad I bought my PS5 a year ago. I'm likely gonna get the PS5 Pro when GTAVI comes out. (Unless I get lucky and get it when it comes out supposedly later this year).

Though I spent so much this year (and still am , baby supplies are so damn expensive and tally up lol).

I'm also planning to get the next Nintendo system day 1 (assuming b/c is there) and I'm planning to get a new gaming Desktop as well. (The next Xbox as well but that might be sometime further down the line since my series X was purchased less than a year ago).

Yeah nothing really surprises me anymore. Ass generation is ass. I still don't have my own PS5 yet and am scared of how expensive the Pro will be. Waited all these years for nothing. Maybe it's time I commit to PC only, and play occasionally on friends/family's PS5/Switch for the few missing games I'm interested in.

BraLoD said:
Kyuu said:

https://x.com/Genki_JPN/status/1828318867766247871

Another (huge) price hike! This generation is a disaster.

This is insane, from 50K to 80K in 4 years, the PS5 got a 60% price increase since launch in Japan!

Digital Edition went up by 82.5% compared to launch, that's just shy of a 2x increase lol. Currency values dropping doesn't completely explain it, because they also fluctuated in the previous generations where all consoles got a bunch of price drops including the PS3 which was sold at huge losses. PS5 (disk edition) supposedly made money just a few months into the generation. I hoped it would follow a somewhat similar price drop trajectory to PS4 and now I'm an official dumbass.

It wouldn't surprise me if PS5 fails to hit a 100 million units at these outrageous prices (then again I might be underestimating GTA6's effect even without a price drop). And the next generation is going to be a lot worse for Playstation and a lot better for PC unless Sony makes some dramatic changes.

Kyuu said:
BasilZero said:

Everything is getting more expensive everywhere. So sadly not a surprise.

I'm just glad I bought my PS5 a year ago. I'm likely gonna get the PS5 Pro when GTAVI comes out. (Unless I get lucky and get it when it comes out supposedly later this year).

Though I spent so much this year (and still am , baby supplies are so damn expensive and tally up lol).

I'm also planning to get the next Nintendo system day 1 (assuming b/c is there) and I'm planning to get a new gaming Desktop as well. (The next Xbox as well but that might be sometime further down the line since my series X was purchased less than a year ago).

Yeah nothing really surprises me anymore. Ass generation is ass. I still don't have my own PS5 yet and am scared of how expensive the Pro will be. Waited all these years for nothing. Maybe it's time I commit to PC only, and play occasionally on friends/family's PS5/Switch for the few missing games I'm interested in.

BraLoD said:

This is insane, from 50K to 80K in 4 years, the PS5 got a 60% price increase since launch in Japan!

Digital Edition went up by 82.5% compared to launch, that's just shy of a 2x increase lol. Currency values dropping doesn't completely explain it, because they also fluctuated in the previous generations where all consoles got a bunch of price drops including the PS3 which was sold at huge losses. PS5 (disk edition) supposedly made money just a few months into the generation. I hoped it would follow a somewhat similar price drop trajectory to PS4 and now I'm an official dumbass.

It wouldn't surprise me if PS5 fails to hit a 100 million units at these outrageous prices (then again I might be underestimating GTA6's effect even without a price drop). And the next generation is going to be a lot worse for Playstation and a lot better for PC unless Sony makes some dramatic changes.

It does, you just have to check google history between USD to yen, it remained stable between 2015 and 2021, then 2022 entered into contest and never looked back, that's when Sony started raising prices, the hike in interest rates did almost nothing to prevent further decline of the yen.

And yeah, nah, the system will pass the 100m. mark easily, I mean they will ship more than 70m. systems by year's end, they would need something catastrophic to happen for not reaching this milestone.

Honestly, I am very excited for the Pro reveal.

Once that is official I can decide whether I get it or the slim digital. Can't purchase until December anyways due to travel and business over the next few months. Very vusy year this one...

twintail said:

Once that is official I can decide whether I get it or the slim digital. Can't purchase until December anyways due to travel and business over the next few months. Very vusy year this one...

Yeah, I cant see the Pro version being cheap especially since Sony is raising prices for the Playstation 5 in some regions.

I want to get a Pro but this year has been so expensive cause all that happened.

I might just wait until GTA6 comes out - hopefully by then supply issues will ease up cause people are gonna be scalping the hell out of the PS5 Pro.

twintail said:

Same, I wanted a ps4 pro but at the moment I didn't have the money to buy it, now I do. Also I'm not worried about the generation ending because I'm not into buying new gen consoles their first year so the pro will last me at least 3 years, I'll sell my vanilla ps5 to a friend for a good price.