By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

twintail said:

PS5 question: is having a wifi 6 router important? Thinking of getting a wifi6e router around the time I pick up a PS5 (which will be after an upcoming holiday I have, hopefully).

Strictly for downloading or multiplayer?

If for downloading - its not that important, at least to me it isnt.

I'm using a NETGEAR - Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 5 Router - one I purchased back in 2018 (now that I think about it...I should upgrade mine lol).

My downloads have been pretty quick despite using a old router but it all comes down to your service provider and what type of internet you got.

Not entirely sure about MP but downloading wise its great.

I have a Gigabit internet with Windstream (with no data cap).

Around the Network

Sad news, SIE layoffs, 900 ppl. Devastating, I really hope those affected can line up something.

And Studio London gone. Crikey ..

Damn……I wasn’t expecting layoffs until Totoki took over. It’s sad to see what’s happening in the gaming industry.

It's getting really hard to be optimistic about the gaming industry at this point.

Awww man, I legit was looking forward to another Twisted Metal........

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

Awww man, I legit was looking forward to another Twisted Metal........

He added that the game hadn't even been greenlit yet. Seems like it was still in pre-production. This tells me that there must've been something seriously wrong with this project because it was teased/ rumoured by insiders a couple of years ago (when Lucid was still attached to it).

Sucks though... could've been a lot of fun. As long as FireSprite gets to work on their other games now. 

On a more positive note, I'm pretty sold on Rise of the Ronin! Idk if it's because I've been playing Ghost of Tsushima this past week, but it looks a lot more action packed and the story itself seems very interesting. I'll be picking it up at launch! I may just have to switch between Ronin and Dragon's Dogma 2 lol

So, just beat GoW Ragnarök. It was a huge gap in my backlog since GoW 2018 was like in my top 20 last year I think? A few thoughts about the game:

* Kratos/Atreus moments are still amazing and very well acted.
* Graphics are fantastic, especially contrasting with FFVII Rebirth's performance mode, which I also played recently.
* Combat overall is better with even more enemy variety than GoW 2018. On the other hand...
* Plot is a little too unfocused. Too much sidetracking that could have been used for better buildup of some later stuff.
* Related to the above, pacing isn't as good as GoW 2018, and some things feel padded out a bit.

Overall I'd give it maybe an 8.5/10.

twintail said:

Sad news, SIE layoffs, 900 ppl. Devastating, I really hope those affected can line up something.

And Studio London gone. Crikey ..

Was hoping they'll give the ethics team the pink slip, because their game-censoring antics are more outdated than last season's fashion trends!

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I grabbed zero dawn on the PC. I forgot how good the game is. Looks great in HDR 4k 120 fps.  Great art direction and cool story.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED