By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

EricHiggin said:

I saw the leaks but XB has been toying with the handheld idea for a long time now, which they mentioned a while back, so I'm not all that convinced they'll go for it just yet. I'd say I'm more 70/30 they won't right now, but if hardware sales keep dropping and GP doesn't take off, they'll need another way to bring gamers in and a handheld could help.

A 4TF handheld next gen wouldn't be bad as long as it had reasonable enough battery life. Then might as well have a 12TF S2 and 30-36TF X2? S to X is 3X power now. Rumors say PS5 Pro should be around 20TF, so 30-40TF next gen shouldn't be out of the question. Would depend on how much of a gap the devs are ok with. Maybe if XB gets the RAM allotment right this time they could make it work.

I'd still shoot for 1 handheld and 1 console in that case. Make sure the console hits $400 and make sure it's worth every penny, whatever the performance.

Just a small correction to your numbers, remember RDNA3 and beyond have double FP32 instructions per INT32 just like Ampere and Ada. Since most games are bottlenecked by the latter that doesn't mean much in practice. The 7600 XT is 20 TF in theory but performs just like a PS5-tier GPU, so I doubt that will be the case for the PS5 Pro (looking into it now, people forgot to multiply the rumored 60 CUs by 2 again when estimating specs).

I don't think you can a 7600M and underclock it to the degree it would make a reasonable battery life with Series S-like power (~ 8 RDNA3 TFlops) but you probably could if it were 5/4 nm, so that's already doable.

Last edited by haxxiy - on 17 February 2024

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:

Did anyone skip the FFVIIR demo to wait for the full release? I did.

I did.

The conversation is so much about Helldivers II, and deservedly so, that GranBlue Fantasy: Relink’s consistent success on PC is being overlooked!

The game peaked at 114,000 players 2 weeks ago. It’s currently at 110,000 players! And from what I’ve read, the game is very short overall by JRPG standards. So the game is either consistently bringing in new players, or nearly all players are replaying the game again.

i think it may be a combo of both, but primarily of the former decided to pick it up myself! 

G2ThaUNiT said:

The conversation is so much about Helldivers II, and deservedly so, that GranBlue Fantasy: Relink’s consistent success on PC is being overlooked!

The game peaked at 114,000 players 2 weeks ago. It’s currently at 110,000 players! And from what I’ve read, the game is very short overall by JRPG standards. So the game is either consistently bringing in new players, or nearly all players are replaying the game again.

i think it may be a combo of both, but primarily of the former decided to pick it up myself! 

The story is just the beginning of the game

It's in the post story that you spend the more time.

Last edited by -Adonis- - on 17 February 2024

Helldivers 2 might reach 400K tonight. 500K+ CCU in play.

Give us those sales numbers Sony!

Around the Network

I might pick helldivers until ff7 remake

Ah, the thrilling escapade of facing a logging-in screen: where time stretches like elastic, your optimism wanes faster than a melting popsicle in the sun, and you start crafting elaborate conspiracy theories about why the universe is conspiring against your gaming aspirations. It's like being trapped in a virtual queue behind a troupe of turtles racing through molasses while you contemplate the mysteries of the digital cosmos.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 17 February 2024

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Just played a few hours of H2 with my little brother. Yep, it's awesome. The move to a more traditional third person camera was a good one. Really enjoying myself so far. No server issues until my last mission where it didn't seem to wanna update my progress so I'm taking a break.

Arrowhead’s CEO seeing Bungie’s $3.6 billion purchase alongside his game surpassing Destiny 2’s all-time high player count on PC and thinking “yup, my price just went up”

Helldivers 2 showing real signs at being Sony's 2nd biggest game ever, only behind Fate Grand Order which is a mobile game. Arrowhead's price is probably doubling/trippling on a daily basis. The positive word of mouth for this game is out of control.

Imagine telling someone before 2020 that Helldivers's sequel would have 100x the concurrent players of Rocksteady's next big thing.

Just based on what I'm seeing... Humour, animations, explosions, lighting, core mechanics/controls are the game's standouts. What it needs is enemy and mission variety from what I can tell.