By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Spoiler!

There's a slide in here, that shows that Spider-Man 2 was in development ~5 years. 

For about half of that time, they had 300-380 devs, and the other half they had fewer than 75.

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

Looks like I'll be inadvertently getting a PS5 for Christmas! Or at least a little bit after Christmas. I was waiting for games like GoW: Ragnarök, FF16, and Spider-Man 2 to eventually come to PC, but thankfully won't need to wait now. Told my wife I just won't double dip when these games do make it to PC Really looking forward to getting FF7: Rebirth at launch now as well!

I really fell in love with FF16.

-Adonis- said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Looks like I'll be inadvertently getting a PS5 for Christmas! Or at least a little bit after Christmas. I was waiting for games like GoW: Ragnarök, FF16, and Spider-Man 2 to eventually come to PC, but thankfully won't need to wait now. Told my wife I just won't double dip when these games do make it to PC Really looking forward to getting FF7: Rebirth at launch now as well!

I really fell in love with FF16.

I know there was a lot of division amongst the FF fanbase about how different it was from previous entries but as a newcomer to the series outside of FF7 Remake and Crisis Core Reunion with no nostalgia, seeing the Godzilla-esque boss fights, dark Game of Thrones inspired story, epic soundtrack, and Devil May Cry style combat turned up to 11?! What’s not to love?

I’m excited to try it out! 

I'm amused by how Sony chose to burn Driveclub's studio and Days Gone to the ground, for selling 5 million and 7.5 million+ (10 million with the PC version) respectively. But their Bloodborne (8 million~ on PS4 alone) treatment is the bigger joke.

I understand that more goes into this than pure sales figures, but I miss the old Sony that put out dozens of diverse and experimental titles that didn't crack a million or half a million even (A prime example was ICO, one of the more influential "modern" games). I don't like the Sony that has zero respect for 7-10 million sellers. Days Gone may sell over 12 million lifetime, and Bloodborne can go beyond that with a PC+PS5 versions. But the asshats refuse to even patch a 60fps Bloodborne lol, they literally act like the very beloved and successful title doesn't exist. I kept innocently expecting them to surprise the fans with something, but we're over 3 years into PS5's life and still nothing is in sight. Puzzling.

It feels like were intoxicated by the success/potential of GAAS titles, including their own Fate Grand Order on mobile phones. Oh well, at least they still fund a few 2nd/3rd party projects including Chinese and Korean ones, which is fairly experimental. And hopefully they aren't shutting down Housemarque anytime soon.

-Adonis- said:

Atlus being GOAT as usual :

Damn that looks awesome.

Need to play and finish SMTV and Persona 5 before I jump into this lol.

Around the Network

Kyuu said:

I'm amused by how Sony chose to burn Driveclub's studio and Days Gone to the ground, for selling 5 million and 7.5 million+ (10 million with the PC version) respectively. But their Bloodborne (8 million~ on PS4 alone) treatment is the bigger joke.

I understand that more goes into this than pure sales figures, but I miss the old Sony that put out dozens of diverse and experimental titles that didn't crack a million or half a million even (A prime example was ICO, one of the more influential "modern" games). I don't like the Sony that has zero respect for 7-10 million sellers. Days Gone may sell over 12 million lifetime, and Bloodborne can go beyond that with a PC+PS5 versions. But the asshats refuse to even patch a 60fps Bloodborne lol, they literally act like the very beloved and successful title doesn't exist. I kept innocently expecting them to surprise the fans with something, but we're over 3 years into PS5's life and still nothing is in sight. Puzzling.

It feels like were intoxicated by the success/potential of GAAS titles, including their own Fate Grand Order on mobile phones. Oh well, at least they still fund a few 2nd/3rd party projects including Chinese and Korean ones, which is fairly experimental. And hopefully they aren't shutting down Housemarque anytime soon.

iirc, Sony never rejected a 2nd Days Gone game, Bend management did. So, it's hard to say if Sony themselves were disinterested in it. 

The Bloodborne situation is all-round bizarre though. Seems like such an easy decision to make, but it's just being left alone. 

But I also don't think Sony are expecting everything they make to be 10+ million sellers. They most definitely would not be supporting stuff like Stellar Blade, Lost Souls Aside or Convallaria if they did.  

I still think a Bloodborne remaster or something along those lines will happen. 

the-pi-guy said:

I still think a Bloodborne remaster or something along those lines will happen. 

the hope this happens is what's preventing me from playing the base game on PS4... but maybe I'm making a mistake here lol

Wow……the prologue for FF16 hit like a truck! Immediately seeing the Game of Thrones inspiration lol

On a side note, I don’t like the “continue where you left off” card on the main menu. Is there a way to just see the regular title screen when you go to that games block?

G2ThaUNiT said:

Wow……the prologue for FF16 hit like a truck! Immediately seeing the Game of Thrones inspiration lol

On a side note, I don’t like the “continue where you left off” card on the main menu. Is there a way to just see the regular title screen when you go to that games block?

I havent played the full version of the game yet but...

Do you mean like Quick load or does it take you to another screen aside from the regular title screen?