By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

the-pi-guy said:
zeldaring said:

We not only play as said lesbian character, and meet a trans boy who has significant bearing on the story, but we also play as a buff unlikeable  woman female power character who kills one of the best video game character of all time. like its all about pushing their  views instead of actually making well developed characters with a good story. everywhere in the game the females are the generals and the ones in power.

Oh no, these games have a variety of characters. 

What a terrible agenda. 

I don't even really care about TLOU 2, I thought it was a disappointment for me personally story wise; despite the fact that TLOU 1 is one of my top 3 favorite games.

I'm just tired of hearing of "the agenda of buff woman kill my favorite character", "agenda of people I don't like are included in this video game".

Not everything you disagree/dislike is an agenda. Plenty of things you do like/agree with is an agenda; regardless of whether you recognize that.

zeldaring said:

everywhere in the game the females are the generals and the ones in power.

The head of WLF is a man. 

You are free to have your opinion, to me and many it was agenda and they made it very clear what they wanted to do. The last of us 2 the best moments were between joel and ellie. abby will go down as one of the worst and forgettable  characters of all time. The game went from a 50 million seller to 10 million that just shows how bad the word of mouth was. 

Last edited by zeldaring - on 19 December 2023

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
the-pi-guy said:

Oh no, these games have a variety of characters. 

What a terrible agenda. 

I don't even really care about TLOU 2, I thought it was a disappointment for me personally story wise; despite the fact that TLOU 1 is one of my top 3 favorite games.

I'm just tired of hearing of "the agenda of buff woman kill my favorite character", "agenda of people I don't like are included in this video game".

Not everything you disagree/dislike is an agenda. Plenty of things you do like/agree with is an agenda; regardless of whether you recognize that.

zeldaring said:

everywhere in the game the females are the generals and the ones in power.

The head of WLF is a man. 

You are free to have your opinion, to me and many it was agenda and they made it very clear what they wanted to do. The last of us 2 the best moments were between joel and ellie. abby will go down as one of the worst and forgettable  characters of all time. The game went from a 50 million seller to 10 million that just shows how bad the word of mouth was. 

The entire series hasn't even sold 40 million. 

pikashoe said:
zeldaring said:

Ok  correction. last of us ps3 and ps4 should be at least 29 million. For last of us 2 to only have 10 million is  massive decline and well deserved.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 19 December 2023

Those leaked sales numbers are wild. TLOU and UC4 doing similar numbers on PS4 while the sequel completely fell off to nearly half of that.

You can really see how the leak affected on the sales of the sequel (TLOU 2). That and SM, GOW and even Horizon selling gangbusters. And UC in there too. Makes you wonder why not make another Uncharted instead of TLOU Online, before it was cancelled.

Last edited by hinch - on 19 December 2023

If Sony just remade their best game of all time. OMEGA BOOST they would have the first game to hit 1 billion sales. Don't question my math! 0_0

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
hinch said:

Those leaked sales numbers are wild. TLOU and UC4 doing similar numbers on PS4 while the sequel completely fell off to nearly half of that.

You can really see how the leak affected on the sales of the sequel (TLOU 2). That and SM, GOW and even Horizon selling gangbusters. And UC in there too. Makes you wonder why not make another Uncharted instead of TLOU Online, before it was cancelled.

Just keep in mind that UC4/TLOU on PS4 is like 6-8 years of sales, compared to like 18 months for TLOU2.

rapsuperstar31 said:

Interesting that Insomniac's online multiplayer Spiderman the Great Web game like Naughty Dogs' Last of Us Online was cancelled. I'm pretty sure Jim Ryan was forced out, due to his failed mulitplayer roadmap he was forcing on studios.

The MP roadmap has always clearly been about supporting the financing of their bigger projects. That's even more clear now imo when you consider the price Sony is paying for the licensing of X-Men, and the general increased costs of AAA gaming.

On top of this, looking at sales performance for PS5 Vs the Series S/ X in EU, it's no doubt the lasting impact Ryan has had on the PS brand.

The dude knows the business better than almost anyone in the industry, and he's been working for a long time. 

I doubt he was just pushed out because of MP (especially when there's still so many of them in development at Sony) 

zeldaring said:
pikashoe said:

Ok  correction. last of us ps3 and ps4 should be at least 29 million. For last of us 2 to only have 10 million is  massive decline and well deserved.

I mean, we have known the 10 million sales numbers for eighteen goddamn months already. How much it has sold since, especially with the TV series? No idea.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/06/09/the-growing-future-of-the-last-of-us/

A little late for your rant then, in any case, doncha think?

Gran Turismo will be the first 100M+ selling franchise for Sony first party.

The interesting thing will be if the God of War and SpiderMan franchises can make it to 100M lifetime before the launch of the PlayStation 6.

zeldaring said:
the-pi-guy said:

Didn't say it was good, just pointing out it's very far from the worst.  

What agenda do you think is being pushed out?

We not only play as said lesbian character, and meet a trans boy who has significant bearing on the story, but we also play as a buff unlikeable  woman female power character who kills one of the best video game character of all time. like its all about pushing their  views instead of actually making well developed characters with a good story. everywhere in the game the females are the generals and the ones in power.

Oh no, how dare they depict normal human beings.